Close

Preparations

Hi,

So......I took the plunge and I bought a brand new house not far from Merida, which I am intending to slowly turn into my retirement domicile.....right now I'm not quite close enough in age to make that leap, but time is not standing still as they say :)
Since my command of the Spanish language is somewhat lagging behind, I need a bit of local experience to help me get started with a few things....OK, a lot of things, but one at a time. Don't get me wrong, I have some local contacts by way of the people who sold me the house, but I don't know that I can lean on them for too much longer....and I don't want to be a pest either.
So now that the house transaction is done, the next thing on the agenda is to buy a car in Merida this weekend, I'm flying down on Wednesday. After lots of searching, I have picked out the car; it comes from a used car lot, a reputable one from what I can tell (with reliable local confirmation, or so I think). To that end, I have a few questions about how and where to register it properly.
My questions:
1. I understand that the title system is entirely different in Mexico and that I need the original dealer invoice (factura), but where do I go once I have it?
2. The other thing is that this is a more or less classic car from the early 80's and I wonder how that affects my ability to obtain said documents. Any advice buying cars in Merida?

Would appreciate any help....

Expatriate health insurance in Yucatan

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Yucatan

Moving to Yucatan

Find tips from professionals about moving to Yucatan

Travel insurance in Yucatan

Enjoy stress-free travel to Yucatan