Name Correction on Birth Certificate

Hello Everyone,

Currently, I am going through a very painful experience regarding the process of name correction of my newborn baby on her Saudi birth certificate.

I registered her name as "Hoorain" but the officers in Ahwal Al Madani entered her name as "Hootain" by mistake. It's only a matter of one letter yet it has almost been a month and I haven't received her birth certificate or for that matter, any update on this case from the authorities. I am following up with them regularly but all they say is that they have sent the request for the name change and all we can do is wait. I don't know why it's taking them so long to correct one letter only. The reason for posting this message here is to find out if anyone of you or anyone you know has gone through a similar experience and if so, how long did it take? Maybe a similar experience can help me understand the amount of time it takes to solve such an issue.

Appreciate your feedback on this matter.

Thank you.

Sorry to hear your problem. I can;t help with your question, but I know you can help me with your experience. I need to take a birth certificate, but no booking is available online. Did you manage to book an appointment online or you went directly to the office without doing it?

kom340 wrote:

Sorry to hear your problem. I can;t help with your question, but I know you can help me with your experience.

best post of the day  :lol:

I made an appointment online for Khobar office since my child was born in Khobar. I know appointments are difficult to obtain in Riyadh. All the Best !

Its an Time consuming process you have to keep patience. There is no specific time frame for this process.

talhatariq wrote:

I made an appointment online for Khobar office since my child was born in Khobar. I know appointments are difficult to obtain in Riyadh. All the Best !

well, at least you dont have a problem of appointment. The service of online appoinment is currently not available in Riyadh :(

Good luck!

Its not like that daily in early hours you have to check for empty slots of appointment. One day finally you will get a appointment so be brave and check daily.

Dear,

Same issue. Please tell me the way to approach in order to get the name change in saudi issued birth certificate.

Yanbu, no need appointment.