Tourist Visa for Apartment rental..?

Hearing from few sources that I can rent an apartment by just having a 3 month Tourist visa, is this correct..? Or do I need a business,  DN visa..?

Will be staying in Hanoi..if that makes a difference..

According to the law (No. 65/2014 / QH13, Decree 99/2015 / ND-CP for the guidance of Housing Law, and No. 47/2014 / QH13 for entry, exit, transit and residence of foreigners in Vietnam), it's legal for foreigners to rent a private apartment with a 3-month tourist visa.  It's Parliamentary law so it's applied to the whole country.

vikingjeger wrote:

Hearing from few sources that I can rent an apartment by just having a 3 month Tourist visa, is this correct..? Or do I need a business,  DN visa..?

Will be staying in Hanoi..if that makes a difference..

Type of visa won't be an issue at all.
Your actual problem will be to find a landlord or property owner who is willing to let you rent his/her property for just 3 months. They prefer long-term rental (min 6 months to 1 year or more).

You may have to offer 3 months' rent and a month's deposit upfront to tempt them into short-term lease.

Ciambella

Thank you for your comment, truly appreciate it..

Reidar

@Ciambella

hello, at the moment there are no 3 month visa. Do you know if this law valid now or is there something changed?

Looking forward to reply

@Ciambella
hello, at the moment there are no 3 month visa. Do you know if this law valid now or is there something changed?
Looking forward to reply
-@Marcus Dunst48

Hi Marcus Dunst48, and welcome to expat.com!

The post you are responding to is over 5 years old, and the member, Ciambella, has not been active for about one year now.

There is a thread titled "Latest news on visas" on the Vietnam main page(link) discussing the latest news on visas. Start here(link), and read the posts in reverse order (takes a little getting used to, but by reading in reverse order you'll get the latest posts that way).

Many expats in Vietnam are anxiously awaiting news regarding visas, possibly as soon as May 23rd.

Feel free to post a new topic/reply to existing threads.

Again welcome aboard, and hope to hear from you again soon.

@Ciambella
Looking forward to reply
-@Marcus Dunst48

As long as you are willing to pay the requested deposit amount and any advanced payment of rent, I can tell you from personal experience (mine and my friends) that you can rent for one year or more on a 30-day tourist visa.

Last July I was offered a one-year lease by Ciambella's nephew in Vũng Tàu, and he's a guy that follows all rental rules for his apartment buildings to the letter.

He knew about my 30-day tourist visa at the time and was aware that I probably wouldn't get a TRC until September or October of last year.

The real key is not whether the law allows it but whether you can find a landlord who wants to do it.

If you are presenting yourself with a 30-day Visa or even a 90-day Visa (should those become available, as hoped) you just have to be willing to accept the terms the landlord proposes for that individual property, even if they are willing to let you sign a three-year lease.

@OceanBeach92107

ok, thanks. Good to know