Igaming license for an employee

Do staff in igaming support need a license and if so whats the process of getting one ?

confusing post

for what type of license are you asking?

Duxx wrote:

confusing post

Whats confusing about it ? I can't make it any simpler.

NewPoster2017 wrote:
Duxx wrote:

confusing post

Whats confusing about it ? I can't make it any simpler.

Maybe you could provide some context or explain what that license relates to.  Don't expect everyone to know what domain specific jargon means.

Hair dressers need a gov issued licence to buy hair dressing products and practice.  He's asking if there's a similar thing in igaming.

Most igaming ads I've seen list training included I presume they take care of that if there's such a thing at all

I've worked in a few different local iGaming companies. You only need to present a Police Conduct Certificate for Gaming Companies. You can get this from Police headquarters in Floriana for 3 Euro something (bit more expansive than the PCC for "normal" work)

if you don't mention that you need it for gaming they don't charge a thing and it is still valid :)

The company may need a license, but in terms of the individual, no, you don't need any kind of special license to work in the igaming industry in Malta.

Source: worked in iGaming.

Every person is required by law to get a permit from the MGA (your company deals with that) BUT, just like everywhere, there are loopholes that some companies abuse.

However, starting 2018, laws will be tougher and even Maltese nationals will require a license from Malta Gaming Authority to work with an igaming company.

GSoupi wrote:

Source: worked in iGaming.

Every person is required by law to get a permit from the MGA (your company deals with that) BUT, just like everywhere, there are loopholes that some companies abuse.

However, starting 2018, laws will be tougher and even Maltese nationals will require a license from Malta Gaming Authority to work with an igaming company.

Thank you. So is that what the criminal check is for ? You give that to your employer and that helps get your permit ?

Exactly, save time and get a police conduct and criminal record from your home country too (or where you lived the last 3 years) they will end up asking for both. It will cost around 4 euros when you get the Maltese one (Floriana, waiting time around 30 minutes)

JV321 wrote:

The company may need a license, but in terms of the individual, no, you don't need any kind of special license to work in the igaming industry in Malta.

From my experience of working in iGaming. JV321 is correct.

So I stand corrected. Apparently there is a license requirement for some positions in igaming which do in fact require a police check. Apparently this had to happen for my own position.

However, as others have said, the company deals with it entirely.