How long to get Iqama

Hi everyone,

I recently arrived in Riyadh from the UK.. I have now had my medical and handed my passport in for my Iqama. How long usually this takes to get the iqama?

Also, how straight forward is it to open a bank account here and how long it takes? Im thinking of opening a Sabb account here as I have am HSBC account back home...

Many thanks
Andrew

AH7777 wrote:

Hi everyone,

I recently arrived in Riyadh from the UK.. I have now had my medical and handed my passport in for my Iqama. How long usually this takes to get the iqama?

Also, how straight forward is it to open a bank account here and how long it takes? Im thinking of opening a Sabb account here as I have am HSBC account back home...

Many thanks
Andrew

Hi and welcome Andrew,
Hope all is well. It usually depends upon how active is your mandoob and it should not take more than a week.
You will need employment letter and residence permit to open a bank account. You will need to visit the branch where you wish to open account and you will get the bank account within the same day. Some banks also give you the option of registering online and then visit them with the printed form for faster service.

OK great, thanks for your reply Ehtesham. So roughly a week...

With the bank account, there doesn't seem a proper residential address and postage system here, how would I get the bank card and how long does that take?

AH7777 wrote:

OK great, thanks for your reply Ehtesham. So roughly a week...

With the bank account, there doesn't seem a proper residential address and postage system here, how would I get the bank card and how long does that take?

Use your company postal address. Some banks like Bank Alinma will hand over the card as soon as account is created. Others deliver it though courier service which delivers at your office/home

No Need of Residential Proof For opening an account. And if you activate your online banking i think there is a very rare need of any delivery from bank. You can provide your Office Permanent address so that any thing need to be delivered.

If you want you can take Rental Postal Address  from Saudi Post.

Great, thanks guys for the info. So all seems relatively straightforward:)

Thanks again