Close

Is Mauritius the right move for you / your family?

Since we moved to Mauritius 2 years ago (from London) I'm constantly being asked if Mauritius is the right choice or decision. It really is for us but that doesn't mean it is for everyone. To answer the most commonly asked questions about life here I filmed a video which might help you decide. These are also some of the things I would have liked to know when we were making our decision to move here.

I covered:

* Schools and education
* Work, business and permits (an overview as it's pretty complex)
* Healthcare
* General safety
* What it's like culturally
* General costs

I'm not sure if I can put a link here or not, so if this works, it's: youtu.be/HJ79B9DnfOY

If the link doesn't work it's on the channel called "Sophie Le Brozec" on YouTube.

Good luck making your decision!

Best,
Sophie

Haya,

Thanks for the awesome vid, my wife, daughter and I are moving to Mauritius in February, first 6 months in a house in Tamarin from where we'll choose where to settle permanently.

Take care, maybe we'll meet you next year:)

Paul

Hi Paul,

I'm glad you found it useful - I wanted to answer all the questions I get asked and help with things I wanted to know before we came out here.

Good luck with your move out here and shout if you've got any questions!

Cheers,
Sophie

Hi Sophie

My husband and I have followed your blogs and your You Tube video and find them interesting and filled with useful information, which is really appreciated as we make this big decision about whether to move or not, so thank you very much!

Hi VivvZ,

You are so welcome - also let me know if you want more help making the decision as next week I'm running a free masterclass on decision-making on my blog, which might help.

Sophie

Thanks for the awesome video and good insights. My wife is British and we are considering moving to Mauritius from the US and this resonated so much with her.

Hi nileshd,

I'm so glad you found it useful as that was my aim :-)

I will also be starting weekly vlogs on my YouTube channel very soon - showing my everyday life here in Mauritius which you guys might find helpful too.

Sophie x

Expatriate health insurance in Mauritius

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Mauritius

Moving to Mauritius

Find tips from professionals about moving to Mauritius

Travel insurance in Mauritius

Enjoy stress-free travel to Mauritius