tourist visa

Looking for information on how to live in Malaysia without mm2h

If leaving between 80-90 days will probably have to be outside Malaysia for 7 days - re-entry at immigration officers' discretion each time.

Visa runs have become increasingly difficult in recent months and land borders (Thailand and Singapore) are likely to only issue 7 day special passes for you to present yourself at the Immigration department to explain yourself.
Your status changes from tourist after your second short visa run, so therefore the immigration department want to know why you're spending so much time in Malaysia. if you can satisfy them and have a return flight ticket then they'll stamp your passport for the full allowed period (90 days for UK passport holders)
With the 3 + 2 rule you can extend your 90 days visa by another 60 days without having to leave Malaysia. For this again you need a good excuse, a return ticket, proof of accommodation and in some cases a Malay sponsor

If you are serious about staying in Malaysia medium to long term without mm2h then your options are:
1. To be sponsored by an employer
2. To open a SDN BHD (limited) company, register it with the Expatriate Services Division (immigration department) and have your company sponsor you
3. Get a spouse visa
4. Invest in property. Minimum investment rm1-2 million

Sorry 4. is incorrect. Owning property in Malaysia does not entitle the owner to any immigration status.

In addition opening a Labuan (offshore) registered company and getting a Director's employment pass.

Applying for a guardian visa if you have a child at an international school here (1 visa only and proof of offshore income required)

You're absolutely correct Gravitas, sorry my mistake.
And guardian visa, of course
Thank you

New topic