Can someone work as a freelancer in Belgium having dependent visa

Can someone work as a freelancer in Belgium having dependent visa . Do we need work permit for that as well?

You need to register as self-employed and get a professional card in order to work as a freelancer here.

I have the same question! :) And do you have to have already existing clients in Belgium or not?

Hi @Aneesh
After rule change in 2019 allowing dependent to work without work visa, can a dependent now work as freelancer as well without blue card?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Kind regards

aneesh wrote:

You need to register as self-employed and get a professional card in order to work as a freelancer here.

After rule change in 2019 allowing dependent to work without work visa, can a dependent now work as freelancer as well without blue card?

Kind regards

PUser wrote:
aneesh wrote:

Kind regards

That is not possible. You still need to get a professional card. But the process might go a bit smoother since you won't request residence permission (while still on a dependent visa).

@KonstantinK (and everyone), I'm curious what the rules are for an EU citizen who will not be working with any Belgian clients.

Basically my wife and I will be fulfilling existing contracts with American and Canadian publishers while we're living in Belgium. Do we need a professional card to do that?

C