WHAT TO DO IN RIYADH?

I think this must be one of the most boring questions ever asked, but.............here it is -  what more to do in Riyadh? Every weekend we try to keep busy - exploring the desert, driving out in  every direction for up to 200 km in the hope to see something different; visit souqs, visit malls, go shopping. Eat out at different restaurants...Have been here for a year now - living in an apartment without other permanent residents. Very little chance to meet other people - we miss interaction a lot!   Maybe, just maybe, there is still more to see in Riyadh.  I constantly keep my ears open to hear people speak Afrikaans in the malls - but that is not the perfect way to meet people and make friends..

Hi johanendina :)

Why not organise a meet up in Riyadh with other members ?
I think it could be a good start.
Choose a date, a venue and enjoy ;)

Regards
Armand

Move to Seder and it will be a home from home, it is full of South Africans.

What more do you want? You are living a fuller existence here than a lot of people, the only thing missing is forms of pig to eat and the movies.

The best thing to do in Riyadh is hop on the next plane outta here.  Anywhere would do.  But make sure you have a job first.  That is why I can't leave.

MaserMan wrote:

Move to Seder and it will be a home from home, it is full of South Africans.

What more do you want? You are living a fuller existence here than a lot of people, the only thing missing is forms of pig to eat and the movies.

Come to think of it - it is true - it is cheap to drive 200 km at a time and it is safe!

CivEngr wrote:

The best thing to do in Riyadh is hop on the next plane outta here.  Anywhere would do.  But make sure you have a job first.  That is why I can't leave.

lollllll ..gud one !!!1

quoting a friend who spent 18 years in Riyadh

"Join the Riyadh Polo club in Malaz, Bowling near Nasiriyah, learn to ride a harleyDavidson and get one too from exit 5 north ring road, bowling and gym at intercontinental, goto Reem RaceTrack 80km west of riyadh, if u have a 4x4 then dune bashing at Thmamah. if not then get one from Naseem - thats partially what i did to survive Riyadh"

Riyadh = No fun.. simply put.

"The best thing to do in Riyadh is hop on the next plane outta here.  Anywhere would do.  But make sure you have a job first.  That is why I can't leave." -CivEngr

The best and funny answer i got ever from Mr. Google. LOL!!!! i might actually tag my friends along.

i spend my everyday life liking all the post of my friends in facebook....Good thing i have 3000+ followers...and thats how i used to lived each day.... its kinda hard if youre living outside the city....just watching pirated downloaded movies in my room...kalas,,,im done..