Job applications

Good day.

Im from south africa and been applying for few jobs with emirates group in dubai.i want to know what are my chances of getting a job in dubai,as a black south african? and i also want to know,if im sucsessful in my job applications,im a sigle mother to a daughter who is 11 years old,am i allowed to take her along with me if i get a job in dubai and if it is so,how is the public transport system to take the child to and from school?.are there any english schools around there? because my daughter is in an english school in south africa now.

Hi kpsereeco,

Welcome on Expat-blog! :)

I hope other members will replies to your queries very soon.

Wish you good luck,
Christine

Thank you very much for the welcome and i also hope to hera from other members.

Hello,any one there!?.

Hi,

Frankly after the recession Dubai has become a bit difficult in reference to Jobs, the salary scale has fallen down.
But normally you need to be there in the country to get a job like you need to go on a visit visa and look for a job. or else you have to go through a man power supply agency. Company's dont here employes who are out of the country.

where as your daughter is concerned I dont think there should be any problem you taking her along with you since she is old enough (you can say that you got divorced) as giving birth to a child out of wedlock in dubai is a crime. but your daughter is old enough so there shouldnot be an issue.

Dubai has some very good english medium schools (Oxford & Cambridge University syllabus)

Transportation : Bus trasport is pretty good in Dubai in 2009 metro transport (train) services has even started within dubai.

All the best.

Thank you so much for your usefull information,i really appreciate it!

Have a blessed day and all the best to you too!.

I don't want to put a dampener on your job hopes, but like the previous poster said, the UAE (Dubai in particular) is still in recession and jobs of any description are at a premium, with hundreds if not thousands chasing each vacancy. If you are degree qualified, so much the better.

Do your homework first, check out job sites such as Dubizzle and Gulf News and get your CV in order.

Good luck...

@sandman6,thank you so much for you information.

Take care!.

hello there, i m a Bangladeshi have finished my Masters in UK in 'computer network engineering'. Now thinking to move to Dubai to seek my fortune. I want to know- how is the job market in Dubai now & is it easy to get job in IT field there?   
i m desperate to get the answer.
please let me know if anybody knows.
[email protected]

Hi masum02!

Welcome on board!

Armand

All the big company's and banks are firing their employees and remaining employees are working on low scale salary 15% to 20% of salary cut down.

If wana take risk then you can but Dubai is not the same as it was b4...

Do your homework and then move to Dubai.

Update yourself with Duba's current situation

gulfnews.com

Above link is dubais local newspaper. You might be able to get a glance idea.

All the best