Close

school alternatives for my 9 year old in stuttgart area

hi all,

my wife will start working in metzingen next january. if everything goes well, me and my 9 year old son will join her in june,2018. he can't speak german, but we will have some german courses until then.

we need some help to decide if he can go to public school or an international one (like iss in degerloch)

any comment will be appreciated

thanks in advance

The quickest way for your son to become proficient in German, is to enroll him in a German public school....and it will cost a lot less also I think :)

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

Just saw your entree. We're from South Africa (wife german), now live in Lörrach (left SA in 2006) area. My children goes to a german school (Christian basis) in Lörrach, and are very happy there. It might be good to join a German school but its not a fit for all. My sons grew up German (my wife german), so its bit different. It really depends on the child's character. I speak Afrikaans (Dutch) to my kids and my wife German. Kids do learn languages very quick. I've worked at the Basel international School. If you need advice let me know. You can contact me also per message here. Seems  metzingen is not far away.

Expatriate health insurance in Stuttgart

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Stuttgart

Moving to Stuttgart

Find tips from professionals about moving to Stuttgart

Travel insurance in Stuttgart

Enjoy stress-free travel to Stuttgart