Close

Short trip to Netherlands with app in process

Hi there,

I am a Canadian expat living in London. I have just applied for the Working Holiday Scheme in the NEtherlands and hope to move there in a few months.

I am traveling to Amsterdam next week for ADE festival and I plan to be there for 3 days. I was wondering if I could be refused entry at the border because I have a pending application and they fear I may not leave:?

I have heard of this happenign to individuals with applications in process in the US and Canada so I was wondering if I should be concerned about my holiday.

Any insight would be very helpful! thank you!!

I don't know for certain; my only comment is that you are travelling from the UK (which is a non-Schengen country), to Holland (which is a Schengen country); there is no passport-free travel between UK/NL and your passport will be checked on arrival at Schiphol.  So, if there is a restriction such as you suggest, you will almost certainly be caught on arrival.  Best you contact the IND and ask; their number is +31 88 043 0430 (open Monday to Friday, 9 till 5).

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Expatriate health insurance in the Netherlands

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in the Netherlands

Moving to the Netherlands

Find tips from professionals about moving to the Netherlands

International Wealth Management

Get advice from well-reputed and experienced international wealth managers regarding your financial affairs

Travel insurance in the Netherlands

Enjoy stress-free travel to the Netherlands