Hallo/Hello

Hello World we have arrived!

I am South African, married to a German that I met in Hong Kong.  We got married last year and I have finally moved to German to be with him.

Germany is not one of the easiest countries to get into but once I passed my German A1 certificate, things started falling into place!

It took us about 4 months to get all our paperwork in order and took the German/South African Consulate 3 weeks to issue the Visa.

I love being South African and our truly colourful heritage and I am now loving living in Germany and adopting the new way of life without changing who I really am!

I found it hard getting any info on moving from ZA to DE, and I found the Visa Service Agents so expensive!  If anyone needs help, send me a message and I will be able to assist where I can!!

Hi Miscellaneous,

Welcome on Expat-blog! :)

I have moved your topic on the Germany forum for better visibility.

Wish you good luck
Christine

Hi Siegen

Well done for making the brave move- youre far away from home! Im from Scotland and would like to come and live in Germany for a year. Im a primary teacher but to be honest would take a job as anything. Do you have any advice about jobs, areas best to live in etc? Im a single young female coming alone so Im slighty nervous but dont want to let that stop me!!

Thanls a lot

Fiona