Public Transport - Abu Dhabi

Hi guys

What is the public transport like in Abu Dhabi. Still haven't gotten around to learning to drive and I hear it can be a bit of a nightmare without a car?

Hi Angilena,

Its not a nightmare you just have to enter a driving school to attend classes for the license ..

Here we have a good trasportation network .. you just need to know how to read the routing map

Contact me for further information
Regards,

Hamad

Angelina Ballerina wrote:

Hi guys

What is the public transport like in Abu Dhabi. Still haven't gotten around to learning to drive and I hear it can be a bit of a nightmare without a car?

The public transport network in AD is either shaite or next to worthless. Either take one of the few buses which are ok in the city but infrequent and packed outside of it or use taxis.

The bus network in Abu Dhabi city and suburbs is actually quote frequent - most city services are every 10-20!minutes, but services to the suburbs are less frequent - often every 30-60 minutes. Timetables are on the ojra website, but are often not up to date. However, many stops now actually have timetables posted to the stop. Fares are also cheap - city services are 1 dirham, suburban services are 2 dhs, and the airport bus is 3 dhs. a monthly pass is 40 dhs

If more than 1 person is travelling, however, Abu dhabi taxis are cheap by any standard - most city journeys will be in the range of 5 to 15 dhs, and they will obviously take you where you need to go, rather than to the nearest bus stop.... But always go for the silver taxis. Avoid the brown and white ones, which do not have meters....

[Moderated]