Regarding visa

Dear sumitaran sir    My husband sign the contract in last week f june 17 Its a reputed company .He is under pharma category visa .he exited the country n 18th july before that he gave the required documents including med certificate and original degree,Noc we were following up once in 15 days..on 17 aug we were tld they applied fr one pharmacist fr him will try to upload in   moh then from that date till 18th sep they were telling we are following up,On 20th sep we were told completed fr one pharmacist nw will upload ur documents as  before  moh was not allowing now it is allowing .They told they will do today or tomorrow .Till now now they are not able to provide proper information why they have not uploaded the dcuments .we left everything their depending on them as well as my 2 daughters are suffering because we did not take tc  from there.what can be the reason.thks

Sorry  my apology he signed the offer letter

Hi Monisha Ashok,

Lack of the Labour Clearance could be the only reason for the delay in processing your husband's papers.

If you would spend some time in the forum, you can get a whole lot of information and details regarding the why and why nots of the labour clearance delays.

Thank you so much sir fr ur guidance

Hi sir   what are the steps company has to go through to get pharmacist visa .with moh approval what else is required.Is originals required by the company to obtain the clearance

Hi sumitaran sir
                              Sorry to dìsturb u.lack f labour clearance means they do not have thedesired papers in place to apply fr clearance fr or some other reason.I have read almost all the posts in ur forum.Most f the cases say company has applied fr LC and the delay is because f that but in our case they havent started the procedure fr MOH clearance from last 2and half months.It is a big company with more than 20000 employees.How come they completed the procedure fr one pharmacist and fr othet they are not able to even apply fr .My husband was given the post f handling the department .Is it ok if we ask originals back see other options in India as they are not giving surety when they will apply fr clearance .Is it ok they can keep scanned copy f the documents with them when they apply and get the clearance they can inform us and originals can shown afterwards

Thank you

Hi Monisha Ashok,

If you have read the discussions in the forum you would have noticed that prospective employees are strongly advised against sending their original educational and other important documents and certificates to an unknown address.

Delays in getting a job clearance is far too common especially given the impetus on the process of Omanisation and on the prevailing tough market conditions.

Before a job clearance can be provided, the organisation must necessarily meet with umpteen requirements. Doesn't matter even if the employer is a Ministry. So the delay in your husband's case is not very surprising.

Thank you so much sir

Hi sumitaran sir
                               Good afternoon as i told we were in process  f asking originals from the company as they are delaying in our paper work.company one f the hr is very co operative and he sent us back the originals but his original NOC and data flow is with them As they have not even started the procedure f uploading the documents i am worried hope this decision f asking the originals will not change their mind.They have scanned his documents what hr has told

Kindly give us ur opinion on this .thank you

Hi Monisha Ashok,

Think positive and hope for the best.

Take it a bit philosophically as well ...

If you must go to Oman, you will. Whatever happens. Nothing can stop it.

If you are not to go to Oman, you will not. And nothing can make it happen.

So just let it be.

That is a great answer Sumitran! I really can't understand why people keep worrying about things that are 100% out of their control. Life is full of possibilities, when one door shuts another one opens. People need to learn to be positive and believe whatever happens is for their own good.
Among the GCC countries Oman's economy is in the most vulnerable situation at present and anyone taking up a new job needs to be fully aware that they are entering a mine field. It is better to stay back in India at times like this and enjoy a more stable and peaceful life.

Hi sumitaran sir and SA k9 sir thanks fr motivating me .thank you so much once again

Hi sumitaran sir
                              Good afternoon can i have ur opinion about al turki enterprises

Hi Monisha Ashok,

The group you have mentioned is owned, managed and run by an Indian family, who are now naturalised Omanis. I cannot mention names, or religion, or any other identifiable leads purely for the sake of maintaining neutrality.

Wel, there are many such families like them in Oman, i.e., Indians by birth and lineage, but Omanis by nationality - granted by virtue of their generations of association with the Sultanate, from the times of their great-grandfathers, to grandfathers, to fathers, to now sons, and to their sons.

Well, the group is well diversified and have obviously been around for long. I do know that they are quite tight-fisted with their money, as you may typically expect from a certain clan of people of Indian origin.

What this means is that employees salaries could get delayed, deferred, or even not paid in full ! The work culture too would be very old-fashioned and traditional, even unprofessional, if you know what I mean.

Thank u sir.

Hi sumitaran sir
                               My husband dcuments are with them from last 3 months fr the post head f the department aug they told they will apply in moh they did not sep they told ministry was not allowing before now they are allowing will upload ur documents thaen after 1 week they told induction manager went with CEO to upload password became wrong .today we called they are telling ministry is being strict not only fr ur visa but other visas also .Is it really happening     
                                                                                                                        Thanks

Hi sir
           Other then moh which other clearance is required fr pharmacist visa and also is there any latest news that ministry is restricting  new visas fr some categories  at all

Thank you.and will appreciate ur early reply

Hi Monisha Ashok,

Only your husband's future employer's PRO would be aware of what is the exact scene regarding the labour clearance for the company.

No one else would know what is actually going on there.

So there is no point in indulging in any guesswork.

No one else would be able to provide any worthwhile assistance. So go by what the future employer is saying.

Thank you sir

Hi Sumitaran sir
                              Merry Christmas to u and ur family
                                                                                               Sir my husband was selected as head f the deptt in Al turki under pharmacydivision .He exited on 18 july 2017.From last 5 months we were waiting.First 3 months they provided different information that they will applybut unfortunately i think it was a false information because f that my child lost hr academic yr as we kept the admission in muscat and came and also left our car and other important things with someone .After that in nov first week they told ministry is demanding pharmacy shop to be shifted and omani pharmacist to be apointed then they will get clearance .We were waiting now yesterday they told they are asking huge number f omani nationals to be appointed so they may not start this division so they are cancelling this post .We are under big loss because f this.I want to know sir whether clearance is provided separately fr every post or fr all the posts together as they told that fr them 45 to 50 engineer visas are not releasing.thanksv

Hi sir    When they gave him the offer letter there was no signature under authorised signatory but the head f hr signed near the salary coloumn .Sir wecan understand ministry is being strict but the induction manager f this company provided different information because f which we were under the impression that they will arrange the visa  ,times she use to hang up the phone on our face ..They use to tell we cannot provide the reality to the candidate ,sir how is it possible that companies play with others life.

While I empathize with your situation, I must say, It is not unusual to start the visa process, after the acceptance of offer has been received. In some cases.... offers are made way before clearance from manpower is received.

Also the process, in my limited view, does not follow a consistent pattern and time limit.

While this might have impacted you severely, for the benefit of others, I would like to state, .........one is fine accepting an offer , BUT NEVER RESIGN from your current job , without a visa in hand.

One in hand has mostly been better than two in the bush!

Wishing you all the best

Sir from beginning they did not tell that they dont have clearance .

Well, What was done to you/your hubby is absolutely not correct. However, it has been a practice here to progress with recruitment, in anticipation of approval .

That's the reason, to alert the prospective employees, i had stated...... do ask for a copy of the visa (and final contract). That will ensure one does not encounter a situation that replicate yours.

Wishing you the best.

Thank u sir

I understand sir without clearance its not possible to process the visa but no one told us that they are working on clearance they kept on telling we will upload ur documents tomorrow then next month like this fr 3 months continously they were telling we were under the impression it will work out and kept the admission there .loosing an academic yr in high school fr my daughter is a big loss fr us specifically what she has undergone as hr batchmates will be in 12th and she has to repeat 11th .She is a good student..Anyways hoping fr the best in future life

Hi Monisha Ashok,

I have just read through your multiple posts, explaining your angst and the loss suffered - not so much the job for your husband, but more the loss of an academic year for your daughter. And that too at such a crucial period of her academic career.

Well, now there is nothing to be done discussing why it happened or how it happened. The fact is that it happened. And since it just cannot be undone, it is best to move on.

Unfortunately, as expatriates, we have little or no say in the way of the policies of the government. Employers are granted more privileges and benefits as opposed to the expatriate employees who are left to fend for themselves and at the mercy of their employers - in most cases, at least.

Waiting for a labour clearance and the employment visa to be issued can be one of the most stressful and excruciating things that a would-be expatriate can perhaps go through. Unfortunately, the employers - well, mostly at least - do not care about the employees' anxieties and do not care to keep them posted of the exact and correct status of their application. In their benefit, the employers too have to go through their own shares of worries and concerns.

So, let bygones be bygones. Take it a little philosophically, considering that maybe all of these have happened for some still yet unknown benefit and advantage for you and your equally affected family members.

And lastly, thank you for your kind Christmas wishes and the warm season's greetings. I reciprocate the same to you in double measure.

Thank u so much sir..Warm Regards

Hi sumitaran sir
                                A small clarification as an offer letter was provided by al turki and now after 5 months they told that they are not planning to start this division can we ask them in writing the reason .I am asking this because we waited fr 5 months and now there is a gap f five months in his service .When he applies somehere they will ask the reason f this gap .One more thing there was nothing regarding  the date f joining mentioned in offer letter and no signatures f authorised signatory only signed by hr near the salary coloumn.we have the photo copy f offer letter and original they kept with them fr visa purpose.Just a clarification can we complaint .our car is also kept there.Just can u give ur feedback.I dont know whether it is correct to ask this question. Thanks

Hi Monisha Ashok,

You can try your luck to ask the employer who promised to hire your husband for a letter explaining the situation - for your reference. Whether they would comply with your request or not is up to the employer alone. Asking an employer for anything in writing would certainly be ignored since if anything is given in writing, then it is proof enough for a later legal wrangle. No sane employer would even risk such a scenario.

Also, the reason you are asking for the letter would mean nothing to the employer in Oman, since they do not have to be bothered about the gap in your husband's career.

An offer letter without an authorised signatory's sign and seal of approval is pointless as it is just a piece of paper and nothing more.

Sitting outside the Sultanate, your options of getting into a legal battle with someone inside is impossible. So don't even waste your time thinking along those lines.

You must ask some dependable contacts still living in the Sultanate to try and dispose of your car. That is perhaps the only thing you could do.

Yes thank u sir.Ur feed back helps us lot.I am surprised how big companies like al turki who has renowned position in oman can do like this.thank u once again