German Job seeker visa related queries

Hello,
I have applied for Job Seeker Visa (JSV) from India and have received approval email from consulate. The only step pending is getting visa stamped and travel.

I need some information :
1. If I submit my passport for JSV visa stamping, what will be start and end date of this visa? Will it be stamping date & 180 days from stamping day or visa timeline will start from the day I land in Germany?

2. Is November - December good time to relocate and seek job? As generally these months are vacation time. What time period of the year is generally good for job search?

Thanks in advance!
Amar

For the first question, regarding visa validity period, you better ask the embassy.
There is no good or bad time to look for jobs, but things will be slower during the Christmas period (2 weeks) and summer vacation (July, August). Since any job search is likely to take many months (see my related sticky post above), these short periods won't matter much in the overall scheme.
Rather than avoiding certain periods, you can improve your job chances much more by spending the time to improve your German. What is your level there?
Good luck!

Hi,

I will be applying for German Job seeker VISA within some days. Can you please give some suggestions regarding 'Health Insurance' specified for the same.

Thanks in advance,
Srihari

To apply for a German JSV, you need to show travel or medical insurance for your entire stay in Germany or until you get your Work Permit. You cannot join the German health insurance system on a temporary non-working visa like the JSV, so you need to buy travel or international health insurance before you apply.
You should ask the embassy which kinds of insurance are accepted and which minimum cover is required. I guess it would have to be similar to the German health insurance system (e.g. no maximum amounts of coverage), which most international or travel insurances are not.
I recommend you look for German travel insurers, e.g. Dr. Walter.

Thank you for the pointers! I am following this forum for the past couple of months. Very informative and I am very grateful to you guys!

I am trying to reach German Consulate, Chennai for the past somedays (via email and telephone). But, not yet successful. Also, unfortunately slot for JSV appointment seems to be busy for this month.

Dear all,

Could you please tell me what is the actual or maximum days taken to process Germany Job seeker visa at Chennai consulate after submission of documents. I gave my interview on 3rd January 2018 and it's been more than 3weeks now, I didn't receive reply yet from the embassy.

Did anybody went through same issue?

I appreciate your reply on this.

Thanks,
Lakshmi

Hi All,

I have collected all the required documents as per checklist like:

Check list for a job-seeker visa
Before applying for a job-seeker visa please prepare the following documents:
• valid passport (issued within the last 10 years and with at least 12 months validity
left after the scheduled return)
• 1 copy of your passport's data page (A4 size copy) : Done
• 3 passport pictures according to biometric specifications :
What are the specifications for Germany?
• cover letter from the applicant explaining the exact purpose, course of action to find
employment and the duration of stay in Germany as well as further career plans:
Is there any template for the cover letter?
• Proof of academic qualification (from a German university or equivalent to a
German academic degree) and relevant previous work experience certificates for
future employment in Germany
Do I need to translate the academic certificates and previous work experience certificate?
• Personal CV containing full education and employment history
Can it be in English?
• Proof of accomodation in Germany (if staying with a friend or relative, a formal
obligation letter (“Verpflichtungserklärung”) would be appreciated
Can it be in any city in Germany?
• Proof of financial means to cover the costs for the time of your studies by one of
the following documents:
- “Verpflichtungserklärung” (formal obligation letter) by sponsor living in Germany
- bank account etc.
• Proof of personal status in India and marriage certificate, birth certificates of
children, ration card, Aadhaar card if applicable
• Proof of health insurance
Any recommendations for Health Insurance e.g: Alliance or other vendor?

lakshmiKrishnachari wrote:

Dear all,

Could you please tell me what is the actual or maximum days taken to process Germany Job seeker visa at Chennai consulate after submission of documents. I gave my interview on 3rd January 2018 and it's been more than 3weeks now, I didn't receive reply yet from the embassy.

Did anybody went through same issue?

I appreciate your reply on this.

Thanks,
Lakshmi

Hi,

Did you receive response from embassy? How many weeks to took??

Thanks

Hi,

Do I need Accommodation proof for 6 month hotel/hostel/service apartment booking for JSV appointment. Do I require the paid booking?
How to book Accommodation without any charges or without providing credit card details?

We can book hotel for 1 month from Booking.com without  credit card/any charges. Is this booking accepted in JSV interview?

Please reply urgent.

Thanks

Sunilbotre: The embassy has a lot of experience in this and will quickly detect any attempt to circumvent the rules.
If you do not have the (finanial or other) means to fulfill the requirements, you better work on getting them rather than cheating. You will not get far with your attitude in Europe!

Hi,
   I am an Indian currently living in UK in ICT-T2 VISA for short term. Can anyone help me to get the answer to the following queries.

1. Can I apply for the Germany Job Seeker VISA from UK?
2. Am I eligible to apply any job in Germany, or it have to be a sponsored job only?

Below is a link to the English version of the German immigration site with all the information about visas and immigration. Any questions you don't find answered there you should contact the nearest Germany consulate to ask.

I'm not even sure what you mean by a sponsored job? Generally a German employer needs to prove they couldn't find qualified citizens of the EU to fulfill a job before offering it to a third country citizen. This is possible for some high tech and academic positions - most others not.

http://www.bamf.de/EN/Willkommen/Arbeit … -node.html

Thanks for your comment and the link. This is exactly what I meant by sponsored job... to prove the employer couldn't find qualified citizens of the EU to fulfill the position.
So, what I understood - even with a job seeker VISA, I'll be allowed to get a job - where employer can prove the above only for that position. But, if that's not a common practice, wondering how much chance is there to get a job with job seeker VISA.

Your chances depend on the market demand for your skills and qualifications. Highly qualified IT people for example seem to be getting jobs but even then I imagine some niches are better than others. This also happens to be an area where there are often jobs where English is the working language or expected to be understood. Despite this, being able to get along in German will be a plus. Otherwise, personal impressions will count for a lot.

Hi Beppi,

Last week, i attended the Visa interview in Chennai and i got my approval email as well. Now i need to submit my health insurance, Hotel accommodation and Flight booking(Blocked) to get the Visa stamped.
The Approval email from consulate didn't state my intended travel date. However, for the Visa interview process, i have booked hotel accommodation from April 1 to April 30 , Now i wanted to travel in the month of May. Is it advisable to take the health insurance, hotel accommodation and Flight booking from May 1st. Please respond.

Common sense tells me that, if you want to travel in May, you should have bookings for May (not April).

Yes i understand its a common sense, but i wanted to ask you that i had a different booking for interview and now for Stamping can i change it . Means can i book hotels for May month ? Because during Visa interview i made bookings for the month of April. Now while i submit documents for Stamping of Visa can i change booking for MAY month including flight tickets and insurance ? will the Consulate have any problem with the difference in booking ? Please confirm

You better ask the consulate what they need or want in this specific case.

Hi Sandy1211,

How much time did it take from the day of your visa appointment to get the approval email? 
From your question it seems it just took 1 week to get you the approval email, is that right? What is the standard time to get the visa approval and visa stamping duration after receiving the approval email?

Is the duration same for the Mumbai consulate?

Thank you in advance.