Asking to HR for offer letter & Visa process

Hello gravitas....

I have received my SEV & validate up to 3 months.....it means have enough time to apply for stage 2 in Malaysia..!!

Hello ambarish,
Congratulations for your new job.

I m also from India going through the same process of getting employment pass to Malaysia.

So can u please tell me regarding what are the documents u submitted in Malaysian consulate in India to get SEV process.

Ambarish - welcome to Malaysia - you need to get your EP endorsed into your passport within 30 days of arrival - the entry stamp from immigration at the airport should explain this by the date stamped.

Hello Kumar456,

Congratulations to you too for your new job.
For SEV endorsement I have submitted 2 photos with white background in 3.5 X 5 cm., confirmed air ticket, two copies of passport bio pages, VDR approval letter received from Malaysia immigration department and two DD of HDFC bank. One is 1000 rs & one is 4720 rs.

Thanks you very much, gravitas :)....I will fly on 19th Jan & will reach on 20th Jan morning.

I will confirm with immigration at airport regarding EP endorsement process.... Really appreciate your kind support...

All the best !!

Thanks for your reply ambarish.  :)
May I know is confirmed air ticket is mandatory before applying SEV.
And what about DD payable to address?
Is this informations provided by your HR?

Hello Kumar456,

Confirmed air ticket is mandatory & in below link you will get all details for required documents with details of DD.

http://visaapplicationmalaysia.com/indi … uired.html

Regards,

Thank you so much for the details ambarish..

Hello Gravitas... finally I reached to penang...feels awesome & rain welcomes me as well... :) food is also excellent & that to very low cost...

Good you arrived safely - but sorry about the rain..... the daytime today was absolutely beautiful and sunny.

A weather app is highly useful in Penang!! I use The Weather Channel (the hourly forecast can be very helpful)

Penang is Food Paradise....

Absolutely no issues actually....I enjoyed the rain a lot...atmosphere was really stunning in the evening.
Now I will also use the same app so will get updates hourly...thanks for your suggestion, gravitas!!!
And yes,  we three people had dinner at local chinese cornor in only 17 MYR with outstanding test...this is really unbelievable!!

Hai ambarish,

My application status in drafts since 10 days before
How many days after you get approval?

His process started last October and all approvals were not in place for him to get his VDR until December. But the process can be different based on type of EP. The guideline time is one month - i.e. approval for hiring and VDR processing. There are lots of factors involved and public holidays is one of them as well as volume of applications - the more there are, the slower the approvals.

Thank you gravitas

Mine is category II and they start the process in december 6.

Another factor is whether the employer applied for the VDR at the same time as the EP. If you were asked where you wanted to get your VDR in India (Chennai, Mumbai or New Delhi) then they probably made the application simultaneously which is good. Otherwise if they wait until the approval to hire you before applying for the VDR, delays build up to as long as two months for overall completion.

The 5 days mentioned would be after receipt of all required paperwork which includes sectoral approvals, security check, medical if required.

Yes, they ask me for the visa collection centre and my home address in india before 10 days.
I gave also.

Yes, they ask me for the visa collection centre and my home address in india before 10 days.
I gave also.still my status in drafts and showing complete the form to proceed for bext stage. From this how many stages to go? Still they didnt ask me to take medical.

How are you checking the status? Interested, because the public portals have been closed recently.

Through esd portal

https://esd.imi.gov.my/portal/application-status/

As peoples shared here.

This portal open to me before 10 days.

Can you clear my doubts please ?

Please kindly give answer to last 2 questions posted

Good - the maintenance is over and the portal is open again. Tq

Your questions:
From this how many stages to go?*
The company need to get their Staff Projection approved (quota) (5 days)
They may need to submit a request for the job (EDS data entry) (5 days)
You said you have got industry clearance - that's good
The Regulatory Body has to submit a supporting letter
Then the application to immigration (ESD) can be made

Medical - this would be requested after immigration approve your recruitment (I think you will have one because you are working in construction)

*Apart from the recruitment side of things, the company also has to make sure their incorporation, etc. is still uptodate. If they have had a recent licence expiry, for example, they would have to submit the new one. (Just as an example).

Ok thanks much gravitas

For Indians there is security check and for that reason it will take minimum 15 working day.

For me, its took more than 45 days to get VDR.

Hello gravitas...

got my EP in my passport yesterday only...my 2nd stage is also completed, only the thing is from beginning i have to pay 28% tax for 1st 6 months.

Yes that's right - You need to be 182 days in Malaysia, then it changes to the resident rate. You will get a refund of the difference between the higher and lower rate when you file your income tax return in March 2019.

Absolutely,  gravitas...hr also informed me that you will get refund when i file income tax return  & even i can submit investment documents as well...!!

Hello Gravitas,

This weekend we are planning to visit George town. Could you please suggest the places to visit?

I would suggest taking the 101or 102 rapid Penang bus from Komtar bus depot or from The Weld Quay bus depot to see the whole of the north of the island. It costs under 5 rm. Get off a hard rock hotel. Ask driver to help you

George Town has lots of tourist online guides.

Thanks Gravitas...We went Batu firangi yesterday & it was awesome beach. Have some cocktails with snacks & cost was 30 RM only...

Hello Gravitas...hope you are doing well...in last few days i got to know if we leave the country more than 14 days than Malaysian government will again ask to pay the income tax for next 6 months....is this true?

Regards...

Hi Ambarish - you don't need to worry. The 14 day rule is only when people have arrived in 2017 so late in the year they cannot possibly be in Malaysia for 182 days.  What they can do is to link tax year 2018 directly to 2017 by not being outside Malaysia for more than 14 days during the first 182 calendar days of 2018.

As you only came to Malaysia in 2018, all you have to do to be classified as tax resident is be in Malaysia for a total of 182 days from Jan-Dec.  If you do decide to take a long holiday, the only effect will be you delay the date when you become tax resident by the number of days holiday (because those days don't count as you were not in Malaysia)

Ohh..it means after first 182 days I can take long leave more than 14 days & can visit my home country without any tax issues?

Same query I need to ask from you experts, My offer letter with me but i didnt have the status whether my HR applied for Visa process or not?

How much time it will take to get employment pass after submission of application?

Is there any medical fitness test carried out before getting employment pass?

Just had an election and Ramadan starts next week. This will cause delays. The average time for approval (which is a process not just involving Immigration) is about  15-20 working days.

Next step is to get the single entry visa (VDR) in home country - takes about 3-4 days after submission

EP is endorsed in passport within 30 days of arriving in Malaysia.

Medical is required if it is a Category III employment pass i.e. salary 3000-4999 per month

@ambarish.karve Hi Ambarish I saw your queries regarding the employment process in Malaysia. I have a similar case to yours. If you don't mind, have you settled the job offer (signing contract) at that time before the company was applying for an employment pass? or the employer just give you the offer letter after the EP is approved?

Hello Chaoticsen,

Please note that this member has not logged in since the past 2 years. I doubt he will respond.

I would invite you to participate only on recent threads of the Malaysia forum or open your own topic so that members can guide you.

All the best

Bhavna

[Topic Closed - Thread of 2018]

Closed