Close

Overstaying: Future Applications Affected?

Hi everyone,

Some background. I graduated from SMU this year, with a BBM degree. I am a recipient of the MOM Tuition Grant Holder. I overstayed on my student pass by 9 days, paid the fine, etc. I am currently on STVP, looking for jobs. I have applied for an LTVP under the Institute of Higher Learning Scheme.

Will my overstaying offense (first time) affect future applications for passes? (Eg LTVP, E-Pass)

Thank you!

As Long as you have paid the fine and cleared the case, shouldn’t be an issue in future. Believe the case has been settled n closed. Good luck

Thank you!  :)

What Surya said does NOT mean the case disappeared from your records (which MoM can see in case of work pass application): It will still be there, but marked as closed.
Do not do it again, as repeat offenders are not let off that lightly!

I see. It doesn't count as "adverse record" right?

You could try to contact MoM and/or ICA and ask if there are any adverse records against you. Sometimes they do tell.

Will do so! In the event there is, what can I do to remove this? I do have the bond to fulfill...:(

Expatriate health insurance in Singapore

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Singapore

Moving to Singapore

Find tips from professionals about moving to Singapore

Travel insurance in Singapore

Enjoy stress-free travel to Singapore