Close

Child benefits?: Norwegian father, foreign custodial mum living abroad

Hello, I was married to a Norwegian man (divorce papers actually still in process).  I have custody of our 14 year old daughter.  Her father has recently moved back to Norway, does not have a job yet and is applying for benefits as he gets settled.  I cover all my daughter's expenses (and have for over two years) and would like to know if there is a possibility of receiving child benefits - through the father I suppose, or directly.  I understand that it must depend on the particular circumstances of each case, but would like to know if this is even a possibility.  Thanks very much for any information.

dianneb :

Hello, I was married to a Norwegian man (divorce papers actually still in process).  I have custody of our 14 year old daughter.  Her father has recently moved back to Norway, does not have a job yet and is applying for benefits as he gets settled.  I cover all my daughter's expenses (and have for over two years) and would like to know if there is a possibility of receiving child benefits - through the father I suppose, or directly.  I understand that it must depend on the particular circumstances of each case, but would like to know if this is even a possibility.  Thanks very much for any information.

Hi, hope this link helps:

https://www.nav.no/en/Home/Benefits+and … -in-norway

Thank you Alina!

You’re welcome. :)

Expatriate health insurance in Norway

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Norway

Moving to Norway

Find tips from professionals about moving to Norway

Travel insurance in Norway

Enjoy stress-free travel to Norway