Child benefits?: Norwegian father, foreign custodial mum living abroad

Hello, I was married to a Norwegian man (divorce papers actually still in process).  I have custody of our 14 year old daughter.  Her father has recently moved back to Norway, does not have a job yet and is applying for benefits as he gets settled.  I cover all my daughter's expenses (and have for over two years) and would like to know if there is a possibility of receiving child benefits - through the father I suppose, or directly.  I understand that it must depend on the particular circumstances of each case, but would like to know if this is even a possibility.  Thanks very much for any information.

dianneb wrote:

Hello, I was married to a Norwegian man (divorce papers actually still in process).  I have custody of our 14 year old daughter.  Her father has recently moved back to Norway, does not have a job yet and is applying for benefits as he gets settled.  I cover all my daughter's expenses (and have for over two years) and would like to know if there is a possibility of receiving child benefits - through the father I suppose, or directly.  I understand that it must depend on the particular circumstances of each case, but would like to know if this is even a possibility.  Thanks very much for any information.

Hi, hope this link helps:

https://www.nav.no/en/Home/Benefits+and … -in-norway

Thank you Alina!

You're welcome. :)