Close

Current situation in Barcelona

Hye,
I am travelling to barcelona with my friends this november. But because of the recent political tension in Barcelona now, is it safe to travel to that city? should we carry on with the travel plan or cancel it. Appreciate any advice.

Thank You.

Frank Brehany, a travel consumer rights commentator, says that tourists should carry on with travel plans but remain vigilant. He said: “Whatever the rights or wrongs of the Catalonia vote, it is clear that strikes and protests are going to form a part of everyday activity. Most Catalonians are supportive of their tourist industry and so at this time I would advise that you should continue with your travel plans but maintain a continued assessment of the situation.

http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/new … 80786.html

nada,

This recent topic about the referendum has some comments which may be useful to you, have a look.

Personally, I wouldn't worry much about traveling there, if I had the need to do so.

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

I am still waiting response from Malaysia embassy in Spain. Whether we should continue with the plan. I hope the situatiion will get better by next month.

Thank you for the advice anyway :)

okies.. I should have checked the forum before posted a new thread. Thank you for letting me know. I will check the forum and see what others say about it.

Expatriate health insurance in Barcelona

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Barcelona

Moving to Barcelona

Find tips from professionals about moving to Barcelona

Travel insurance in Barcelona

Enjoy stress-free travel to Barcelona