Inquiry

Good day! I would like to ask assistance on how to obtain Police Clearance in Madagascar from "Procureur Generalor Cours d' appel of Antananarivo". Badly needed it for Immigration requirements. Insights and help would be appreciated. Thank you

If you have lived in Madagascar for a while  and have some form of resident status then you go to the courts in Tana and go to the police office, on the second, maybe third floor in a tiny corner office that will issue you a document that you have not been involved in any criminal activity or if you have -to what extent. That only took me 5 minutes to hand over my papers and  two hours to process and 3$
If it is your first time in Madagascar then you will need a police report from your home country and then go to the Malagasy police for a morality test.
Not sure if I answered your questioned clearly, as you mentioned you are an speaking of Immigration either first time? or after first time?,  since  the rest of us white people speak in terms of "Ex-pats".

We're from Philippines planning to migrate to US and my husband had worked in Ambatovy for 3yrs way back 2014.They require police clearance from that office that's why it's hard to secure it now since he's not in Madagascar anymore..

Contact the USA embassy or Malagasy consulate in your country and his employer at Ambatovy. 
They require????   who is They?

Hi TropicAlex. Same person here with the inquiry.Can you be of help and can please send a sample copy of the police clearance you obtained?is it in french or english?you can email me at ***.Thank you very much for your help and insights

Moderated by Priscilla 6 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Did not keep a copy of that paperwork, I handed that in, a one sheet of paper with a bunch of other paperwork.  It would be in French.

hi im also a filipina kabayan and planning to migrate in the US. My husband also work in madagascar before and they are requiring him to obatain madagascar police clearance. How did you get one? can you please help me...Thank you so much in advance. I hope you can still read this.

You will need a Casier judiciaire No 3 which is established by the Court in Antananarivo (near Lac Anosy). Maybe you need someone who gets it for you, as email or letters don't work very well for administrative stuff.  Try to contact the company MADAGASCAR SERVICES , they take care of visas. Maybe they can help you, and you can pay them by bank transfer.

Hi all, I am also now in this situation. I am living in Canada but require a police certificate from Madagascar in order to apply for permanent residency. Did you manage to do this for your US visa? If so, do you have any tips on how to do this when you are no longer in the country? Thanks!

Hi guys, the police record is called "Casier judiciaire No 3" here in Madagascar.

Thanks. Do you have instructions for obtaining this, without being in Madagascar to do it in person?

Unfortunately not.

Is there a site or contact information for the Madagascar Services?
Thank you.

monicad2578 wrote:

Is there a site or contact information for the Madagascar Services?
Thank you.

What kind of Services----security services?

I was inquiring about @salsera 's post
"You will need a Casier judiciaire No 3 which is established by the Court in Antananarivo (near Lac Anosy). Maybe you need someone who gets it for you, as email or letters don't work very well for administrative stuff.  Try to contact the company MADAGASCAR SERVICES , they take care of visas. Maybe they can help you, and you can pay them by bank transfer."

The only Madagascar services that I have heard of is a tour agency, I send you a PM that might help with some further information

Thank you :)

joyeecanu wrote:

Good day! I would like to ask assistance on how to obtain Police Clearance in Madagascar from "Procureur Generalor Cours d' appel of Antananarivo". Badly needed it for Immigration requirements. Insights and help would be appreciated. Thank you

Do you get your police clearance?

There was a man in one of the Tana expat groups that had helped a friend with it who had left Mada. I ended up using a lawyer that family friends that still have ties there use

What documents did you bring? Does it require personal appearance?

Hi Marldita.  You need a letter addressed to the Greffier en Chef at the Tribunal de Première Instance
, in Anosy, Antananarivo requesting the document with a copy of your passport and the fee.  You can get someone else to do it, it takes a few days, so if someone drops off your letter and ID and payment to the guy, you could expect to pick the document up about 4 or 5 working days later.  Here is the text of the letter that I have used multiple times over the years:

A Monsieur le Greffier en Chef du Tribunal de Première Instance

Anosy, Antananarivo 101

Madagascar

Objet : Demand de casier judiciaire (Bulletin No. 3)

Maître,

J'ai l'honneur de vous demander de bien vouloir me faire délivrer un extrait de casier judiciaire.

Voici les renseignements me concernant :

Nom : insert your surname
Prénoms : insert your other names
Né le : insert your birthday a insert your birthplace, inster your country of origin
Fils de : insert your fathers name

Et de : insert your mother's name
Profession : insert your job
Domicile : insert your home address
Situation de famille : insert your marital status
Nationalité : insert your nationality passeport insert your passport number, valable à partir du insert your passport delivery date au insert your passport expiry date)

Veuillez agréer, Monsieur le Greffier en Chef, l'expression de mes salutations distinguées.

L'intéressé
Insert your name, and sign it