Meet up at on 5 April at Bangsar for improve german or french language

My friend (intermediate in french) and I (beginner in german), two well traveled women organise a meet-up at Bangsar to have conversation in german or french or both. This will be great to brush up our foreign languages and at the same time making new friends from other countries as long you speak german or french or both.

Date : 5 April
Time : 9pm
Place:Outside McDonalds, Bangsar

We will wait longest 15 mins (until 9.15pm) outside McDonalds at Bangsar. So, it is better to be early, then late. After that, we decide where to go for a drink and fun conversation.

Anyone who interested to join, please reply the post here so that we know how many will turn up. You can bring friends along whether female or male as long they can speak german or french or both.

Hi and welcome to the forum RioKong :)

That's a good idea. Hope other members will join in and you will make many contacts ;)

Regards
Armand

Thanks Armad for the encouragement. I have not get any reply yet. Sigh. Guess not many german and french speaking people in KL. We also organise to meet up other expat ladies at Ladies Night @Westin Hotel on 6 April without language obligation. Hopefully, there are responses.

hehe...there are actually quite a lot...
je parle francais...und ich kann auch ein bisschen Deutsch aber...unfortunately i wont be in town on this day, but i can talk about this event to my friend...

You can go in the french speaking section of this forum and write a post in french...i m sure u ll get more replies...

Cheers,

Nassim

Merci beaucoup Nassim. Quel dommage tu ne pas la.

By the way, where is the french forum? You mean I should post it in France? That's weird though.Is there a german forum too?

Just a little more  patience Riokong :D

The topic was created only 2 days ago ;)

Meanwhile you can have a look at the French expatriates in Kuala Lumpur to meet other members. Hope it will help :)

Armand

Tell me if I am wrong. Maybe french and german expats just don't want to meet to speak french and german again in Malaysia. Maybe they just want to meet Malaysian or other nationalities to speak english or other languages. I heard especially French, they are not such a groupy get-together thing, unlike Italians and Greeks.

RioKong wrote:

I heard especially French, they are not such a groupy get-together thing, unlike Italians and Greeks.

i agree with that, French people are generally very sort of cold and uptight, most of them anyways,I was in Paris a few weeks ago meeting my French cousin and you just wouldn't believe how people look down on you,its amazing,to them if your not French your not anything,simple as,so frustrating at times you know.

Really? I didn't feel that at all. In fact, french people were very nice to me when I was in Paris and other parts of France.

never mind we can do that another time RioKong...
to go the french forum just click on the french flag on the top right hand corner of the website, then go to the forum, u ll see french posts, u can post yours, but in french!
there is no german, only spanish.

french are mostly keen on speaking french rather than english, but that s right we are less groupy than spanish or italian...so they wont mind meeting and talking to malaysian in french...

Amir, dont mix France and Paris...in KL, I dont think people are nice, I find them very cold and not respectful of other people, especially mat saleh...but once I go out of KL, I find very friendly people, trying to help even though sometimes they dont speak english...
when I say people are not nice, I talk about people in the street, or people working in shops, they dont have any sense of customer service...but when u go to this kind of forum, or meet young people, students, or malaysian who have travelled, u find they are really open minded and helpful...
then, coming back to Paris, people there dont have time to care about other people, whatever nationality they can be...but if u meet students, young people, or french people on weekend or on holiday, they will be more relaxed and helpful...and dont forget u are a man...people are more friendly with ladies, and that s like that anywhere in the world...:)

cheers,

Nassim

Merci beaucoup Nassim. I didn't know there is another forum in french. Thanks for the tip. I have posted it. Hope the french translation don't have too much error:)

Dear all,

Due to lack of response from french and german speaking people, this meet-up is canceled. We will just take it easy at Bangsar on Tuesday night and party with the ladies at Westin KL on Wednesday night.

Cheers.

i cant speak both...can i join as i would like to learn

Sorry, it is canceled.