Families in Lyon! Can you recommend your public primary school?

Help!

Anyone know where to find respectful teachers in a good French primary school around Lyon? 

We've moving from Australia and plan to settle in Lyon for at least 12 months and need to find a good french school for our kids (aged 6 and 8). They only have a few words of French and I'm not much help.

We're very excited but stories of teacher in France slamming incorrect work on desks, banishment to a naughty corner and little compassion for the kids has me recoiling in fear - what could I be about to unleash on my children when I send them to french school?

If anyone could sooth my nerves with recommendations of specific primary schools around Lyon I'd be so grateful. There must be good schools out there!

We are willing to choose the school and then find a house nearby.

Many thanks in advance from Australia

Kerrie

Macadalmo wrote:

We're very excited but stories of teacher in France slamming incorrect work on desks, banishment to a naughty corner and little compassion for the kids has me recoiling in fear - what could I be about to unleash on my children when I send them to french school?

Welcome to the Forum Kerrie :)

I am not sure where you heard those stories, we are in 2017, NOT in the 1800's.

SimCityAT
Expert Team

Thanks SimCityAT, appreciate that reassurance. Can you recommend any particular ecole primaire from your experience or that of others you know?

Any help on areas around Lyon that are particularly good for kids and schools would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Hello! I am from Brazil and am planning on moving to Lille this coming August with my husband and our 8 year old daughter.  They are Brazilians and also EU and are fluent in English and Portuguese. I would like to send my child to a public primary school so she can benefit from the French culture as much as possible.  On the other hand, I am concerned because she does not speak French yet. Would this be a problem at the school?  Is there some kind of support for children who do not know French? Can the three of us get around with English until we learn French?
Many thanks for your help,
Ana