Online shopping in Switzerland

Hello everyone,

Shopping online can be far more convenient and offer greater choice than going into shops, be it grocery shopping or retail.

Are there options for online shopping in Switzerland? Which sites or apps do you use most frequently and are these local or international?

Are there particular products that are cheaper to buy online or that are perhaps not available in Switzerland?

What is the delivery process like — is it easy to receive deliveries and what are the costs of shipping? Are there any taxes to pay upon receipt?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

i would recommend ricardo.ch

leshop.ch has been going for a long time

I shop online often and it arrives always, no problems from USA, china, and anywhere from EU. Just takes longer time than usual

I'm a bit worried about shopping from other countries because I've been told you might be charged with import tax. Did anyone have experience regarding this?

Shopping for small items over 40CHF and shipping them from outside of SW is not worth it. Customs will charge 8% VAT plus bullshit charges for their bullshit services . At the end you end up paying from 50 to 25% on the items priced from 40 to 100 CHF. If you must shop abroad and don't want to pay custom BS fees over and above 8% VAT ship to Germany or France. I ship to GER. If you live deep inside SW , forget about it. Buy only from business located in SW and remember that if you order from EU and pay SW duties and VAT and then decide to return your item for refund , you will NOT receive Swiss custom's duties and VAT back. You will loose all of these money. Example ordered shoes from Yoox.com Swiss site. Paid 243CHF including Swiss duties and VAT. Returned the shoes for refund , received 200CHF. 43CHF stuck somewhere in Switzerland bureaucratic machine.

Closed