Online shopping in Panama

Hello everyone,

Shopping online can be far more convenient and offer greater choice than going into shops, be it grocery shopping or retail.

Are there options for online shopping in Panama? Which sites or apps do you use most frequently and are these local or international?

Are there particular products that are cheaper to buy online or that are perhaps not available in Panama?

What is the delivery process like — is it easy to receive deliveries and what are the costs of shipping? Are there any taxes to pay upon receipt?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

Living in Panama can cure you of on line shopping 😆 Seriously you can shop on line and have stuff shipped in through Mailboxes Etc or other similar service, but it won't be here overnight and you will pay more for shipping. Items over $100 also get charged customs fees. I know people who shop on line quite a bit but for myself, it's not worth it. The few things I can't find here I get in the US on visits to family.

Funny... my Panamanian neighbors discovered eBay. I came back from the last couple US trips with luggage stuffed with name brand shoes, clothes, wallets, things that cost a lot more here. My one neighbor is like an excited kid with his new cowboy boots.