Is there a property ownership restriction in jordan?

Hi,
Can a foereign citizen own land, or appartments in jordan?
Is there an ownership restriction?
can one own freehold properties in jordan?
What about owning restaurant unit in a shopping mall? is it avalable for long lease ownership with no rent? or are these only available for rental?

first above all you gotta get a residency as a busniessman then you will be able to buy and sell as much as you want,how you get that ?
you apply in the ministry of interior and you get a proof as an investor or a busniessman then you deposit whats worth of $25.000
in an account which will be untouchable in the bank and everything from that point will be a pie,the moment you decide to leave and sell everything you will be able to get it all back.
more you can ask the authorities and you will be detailed.

thanks for this..
once you own a property, can you get unlimted residency in jordan or does one need to renew the visa on a regular basis?
i am a british citizen..does this make a difference?

no matter who you are you probably  have a working visa right now and this wont allow you to own anything bigger than a car,and the key for the unlimited visa time is a busniess or investing visa or! getting married to a jordanian, laws are totally different than dubai or any other parts of the world. as i said its pretty easy as long as you got the $

that's a surprise..then how is it that there are other nationalities who own properties in amman? 
I am trying to understand this, you mention a foreign businessman may buy and sell - a person would have to own an item such as a villa/appartment inroder to buy and sell? it that correct?

hi akthar
about the unlimeted residency
you can get the residency by depositing $50,000 in the bank,then you can withdraw $25,000 and as long as the $25,000 are in the bank you can renew your residency every year.
i am reading the law for the immovable properties now and i'll write to you when i finish.
if you need anything else i'll be glad to help :)

hello again
i found the law in english
http://www.dls.gov.jo/uploads/Sarveyour … nglish.pdf
i hope it helps
if you need anything else please let me know

Hi all,

I'm considering coming to Jordan and this lawyer quoted me $5000 JOD to process application for Jordanian nationality - I'm still researching this as that is quite steep.

Can you buy property on a visit visa and then apply for nationality? And is there a restriction on the cheapest property a Brit can buy.

I'm after Jordanian nationality for that peace of mind with regards to my investments and long term stay.

Thanks in advance
Adil