Close

Online shopping in Mauritius

Hello everyone,

Shopping online can be far more convenient and offer greater choice than going into shops, be it grocery shopping or retail.

Are there options for online shopping in Mauritius? Which sites or apps do you use most frequently and are these local or international?

Are there particular products that are cheaper to buy online or that are perhaps not available in Mauritius?

What is the delivery process like — is it easy to receive deliveries and what are the costs of shipping? Are there any taxes to pay upon receipt?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

I  know one friend of mine who use theshop.mu and said it was ok

Hi !

I use priceguru.mu in Mauritius they have a wide selection of products (furniture, electronics, baby products, phones etc!!) their prices are cheaper than in shops, the service is EXCELLENT and the delivery very fast! for example, I bought the new iPad from their website, RS1000 cheaper than the other shops and it was out of stock in all the Apple retailers but priceguru had stock!
very happy with them. You can even pay when you receive your delivery so if you're not happy they take the product back.
Otherwise, outside Mauritius there is aliexpress, amazon etc

I lived in Mauritius for a few months and always wondered about the delivery situation for online shopping.
There don't seem to be visibly obvious street names, let alone house numbers in some areas.   So how do people get stuff delivered to them?
If you don't live in a nice complex with a gate guard who can receive your delivery what would typically happen?
Can you ask that stuff gets delivered to the local post office or something like that?
(And bonus question: what happens with international deliveries too?)

SnipsExpat :

I lived in Mauritius for a few months and always wondered about the delivery situation for online shopping.
There don't seem to be visibly obvious street names, let alone house numbers in some areas.   So how do people get stuff delivered to them?
If you don't live in a nice complex with a gate guard who can receive your delivery what would typically happen?
Can you ask that stuff gets delivered to the local post office or something like that?
(And bonus question: what happens with international deliveries too?)

Mauritius is small and people rarely move. Even without a house number, the delivery man knows exactly where every single family live in a village or small town. In larger towns, houses usually have a number or a postal identification.

When delivering a parcel, the postman will usually hand it over only if there's someone. If not, the delivery will be re-scheduled. This is for small items only.
For large items, the person will receive a memo from the postman and he/she will have to go pick up the parcel at the local post office.
For much larger and bulky items and in the case of controlled goods like chemicals and machinery, one must go to the Customs House in Port Louis for clearance before picking up.

If your item is transiting via an international carrier like Fedex or DHL, they will contact you prior to delivery.

Please try savegenie.mu for all your online electronics, groceries and even wines and organic products shopping!!

You can download the app on play store
Thanks

Wow  :)

What an interesting topic! :cool:

I has always wondered  :/ about online shops in Mauritius.

I will share with this friends & family!

I wonder what other online shops exist? Afraid I do not know of any, apart from the ones mentioned by other members above.

Expatriate health insurance in Mauritius

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Mauritius

Moving to Mauritius

Find tips from professionals about moving to Mauritius

Travel insurance in Mauritius

Enjoy stress-free travel to Mauritius