Online shopping in Czech Republic

Hello everyone,

Shopping online can be far more convenient and offer greater choice than going into shops, be it grocery shopping or retail.

Are there options for online shopping in Czech Republic? Which sites or apps do you use most frequently and are these local or international?

Are there particular products that are cheaper to buy online or that are perhaps not available in Czech Republic?

What is the delivery process like — is it easy to receive deliveries and what are the costs of shipping? Are there any taxes to pay upon receipt?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

The Czech Republic is one of the few countries in Europe where you can order something online and  you don't have to pay for it until it arrives, AND you can pay in cash!  :D  Shopping simplicity!  The most popular sites are alza, heureka and Notino, for instance. Delivery is usually not too bad. One thing that is annoying is that sometimes Amazon won't sell some stuff to Czech buyers, but the company doesn't say clearly why. I'm sure people will have had a bad experience shopping online here, but that can happen anywhere. Otherwise the online shopping experience is pretty good.

@Priscilla Hello Priscilla, Can you help me? I've found footwear items on a Czech website - Altisport, but they do not ship to the UK. Would you know of any way I can find a Czech resident or service who would receive the items and send on to me in London? Grateful for your advice,
Best regards,
Tom
@triumph1 Hello, Can you help me? I've found footwear items on a Czech website - Altisport, but they do not ship to the UK. Would you know of any way I can find a Czech resident or service who would receive the items and send on to me in London? Grateful for your advice,
Best regards,
Tom
@triumph1 Hello, Can you help me? I've found footwear items on a Czech website - Altisport, but they do not ship to the UK. Would you know of any way I can find a Czech resident or service who would receive the items and send on to me in London? Grateful for your advice,
Best regards,
Tom
- @tpmarrowsmith

Why not shop in the UK?

@SimCityAT The particular shoes are not available in the UK... and the Czech website will not send abroad...!