Online shopping in Belgium

Hello everyone,

Shopping online can be far more convenient and offer greater choice than going into shops, be it grocery shopping or retail.

Are there options for online shopping in Belgium? Which sites or apps do you use most frequently and are these local or international?

Are there particular products that are cheaper to buy online or that are perhaps not available in Belgium?

What is the delivery process like — is it easy to receive deliveries and what are the costs of shipping? Are there any taxes to pay upon receipt?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

Hi,

Overall my online shopping experience in Belgium has been variable.

For electrical and lifestyle goods CoolBlue www.coolblue.be is excellent for choice and quality. Although English is not offered as a language for ordering, a significant number of the reviews are in English. Online service is fast, professional and flexible with language.

For women's wear and shoes, I am less convinced. Many of the sites have a range of brands. Often I find that sizing differs greatly. After having to return goods on a few occasions I revert to in-store shopping to avoid the hassle (and cost) of dealing with returning goods.

For food, I find generally Belgians to baulk at the trend to buy groceries online.  For this I am glad!! Long live the village bakeries, food shops, weekly markets and seasonal foods!!

Emma

Hi all,

Thanks for sharing these! I also think that shopping online is far more convenient and  it could offer greater choice than going into shops.
For women's and men's wear i recommend asos.com and www.amazon,com
For socks i recommend sock.fools-day.com. I love this cite. life is colorful and cheerful, and Fools' Day Fashion brings these qualities to all customers with stylish products which are skilfully designed, manufactured and packaged.

I recommend Fools' Day Fashion  ,where socks look cool and funny with good quality.Colorful funny socks for men and women are on sale now.