Online shopping in Bahrain

Hello everyone,

Shopping online can be far more convenient and offer greater choice than going into shops, be it grocery shopping or retail.

Are there options for online shopping in Bahrain? Which sites or apps do you use most frequently and are these local or international?

Are there particular products that are cheaper to buy online or that are perhaps not available in Bahrain?

What is the delivery process like — is it easy to receive deliveries and what are the costs of shipping? Are there any taxes to pay upon receipt?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

The only online shopping i have done so far in Bahrain is to order food from Talabat and i have a good experience with that , other than that there is not much to buy online within Bahrain as its a very small Island and there are not much to do except going to mall or watch cinema so people prefer going Mall , eat in the food court , buy grocerry at the same time.

Bahrainis shop and advertise online a lot. Mostly on Instagram.
I've used SheIN, NAMSHI  and NEW CHIC for clothes and delivery for the first two were very quick. Ali express works as well but the delivery takes  a very long time. 

For food delivery, there is Talabat, off course.
For groceries, supermarkets like Alosra and Al Jazira have a few centers that deliver if you text them what you need. BAQALA. Is my favourite for grocery shopping though as you use the app and have an idea of what is available. And what they cost.
A few friends have managed to use AMAZON  well.
I've heard Amazon has signed a contract to open a center in the Gulf, with it's hub in Bahrain, so times are achanging for Bahrain and online shopping!

Hope this helps

Dear lot of online shopping  like Ali express eBay amazon etc lot of item they delivered free of cost, in food delivery talabat .com, in cinema viva cinema, u can order grocery, you can order whiskey also they will deliver  free,,,,b

Hi Guys,

Tried looking for answers on the internet and the forum couldn't find would be great if someone can assist. I would like to order few items online mostly clothes maybe from Next in UK, is there any custom duty on it? the total value shall be far less than BD 250 threshold.

TIA.

1) Don't post on multiple threads
2) There is no duty for the value you described - that is also listed on Bahrain customs site

http://www.bahraincustoms.gov.bh/page.p … ZHTTk%253D

And in the future, to check duties, go to Bahrain customs site, put the HS code of the item to get the details - HS codes are declared by the shipper and easily available on internet:

http://www.bahraincustoms.gov.bh/traiff … RXYzlQUT09