Online shopping in Australia

Hello everyone,

Shopping online can be far more convenient and offer greater choice than going into shops, be it grocery shopping or retail.

Are there options for online shopping in Australia? Which sites or apps do you use most frequently and are these local or international?

Are there particular products that are cheaper to buy online or that are perhaps not available in Australia?

What is the delivery process like — is it easy to receive deliveries and what are the costs of shipping? Are there any taxes to pay upon receipt?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

its very easy to buy online in Australia
the best site to buy online in Australia , is ebay   www.ebay.com.au

I usually purchase hard to find items from US, since I am a San Diego native, I am more familiar buying from Amazon, Walmart and Target in US, besides the price are cheaper, and you get more selection too. Shipping to Australia was a hassle, because the shipping is high from Amazon, and other stores just won't ship to anywhere outside of USA.

What I am using now is a reshipping service, it's called Planet Express, planetexpress.com

I ship all my US online purchase there, I can choose to consolidate my items into 1 box or 2, and they will ship to me using the shipping method I choose. For some reason their shipping cost is really cheap, and turn around time is fast, Fedex to Gold Coast with a 8kg box only  cost me 95USD, and took them 3 days to arrive. Which is amazing for what I am paying for.

If you are familiar to shop in the US, a reship service like Planet Express is a good alternative.

If you buy things online from overseas, and they cost, or are valued at, over $1,000 it is worth reading these:
http://www.border.gov.au/Busi/cargo-sup … st-or-mail
and
https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Impo/Buyi

This even includes gifts received.

Hi!

There are two option. You can either buy in Australian Stores like Boohoo, City Beach, Princess Polly or Australian version of eBay or Groupon or in stores that are oversees but ship to Australia which is more often now.

There are also stores like Myer, Target, etc. that offer almost everything from clothing to furniture.

Many of these stores offer free shipping but sometimes there is a minimum spend required. I believe if varies from $40 to $100 for standard shipping.

There are also many websites that help you buy for less. They gather coupon codes and promotions offered by the online stores. I don't know what you are looking for exactly, but, for instance, my favorite website like this is buykers.com/au because I believe it has almost everything - from clothing and footwear to pet accessories, furniture and travel.

If your looking for electronics online within Australia try jbhifi, dick smith or harvey norman but the best deals from an Australian supplier would be Kogan but you must wait for delivery from China.