Checking on Chile

I am currious how many x-pats there are in this forum that are living, or will be living in Chile. Could you all check in here and say hi.

Just to start we are located in Temuco, and are trying to track down the x-pat English Speaking community. They tend to be spread around to various forums and sites.

Welcome on board chukenchile!

Little by little we'll count more and more members in Chile ;)

i've spent 6 months in Chile, between september 05 and march 06. That was a wonderful experience... I've spent most of the time in Santiago, but then i've travelled accross the entire country. I've been to Temuco, met some Mapuche. That was a really interesting meeting... What are u doing there chuckenchile?

Welcome on board Chirimoya!

Don't forget to add your blog address in your profile > personal and to locate yourself on the user map ;)

Un saludo,

Julien

Hello ChuckenChile,

I quit Chile 3 months ago, after more than 5 years living in Santiago.
For the english spoken community, I know that in Santiago there's a big association. I do not know the name but I can manage to find it if you want.
Not sure that there's the same kind of group in Temuco : too small :-)

Hi ChuckenChile,

I have also been living in Temuco, and have been here 9 months. I have a blog at
http://www.travelsinchile.blogspot.com/
I just started it a few days ago, so it doesn't have much yet.

Are you still in Temuco?

Later,

jglohr

My wife and I are likely moving to Santiago w/in the next year.  I am trying to find out everything I can about Chile.

I am interested in the educational opportunities for my young children ( 5& 7 yo ).

I am also interested in the recreation opportunities;  Will I be able to go fishing and hunting there like I do here in the U.S. ...or is this reserved for the very wealthy?

I also wonder if I could find work there.  I am a Prosecutor (a government attorney for criminal law enforcement)  I can get by in Spanish right now (that will improve before we leave for Chile!!)  And I am fluent in Russian.

Any input on any of these topics would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!

hi everyone! I live in Valdivia and would like to meet australians to practise my English.
See ya!

There is an expat English speaking community located in Santiago de Chile that publishes a daily newspaper called The Santiago Times. santiagotimes.cl

For people looking to practice English there is a revolving door of interns and staff writers that would be happy to teach English.  For those looking to apply themselves while they are looking for "real work" in Santiago internships and possible staff positions can be found here.

Hi, I'm Joe,

I have been in Santiago for nearly a year now leaving in a nice place in Nunoa. I am working as an astronomer at U. de Chile.

Chao,

Joe

I have been living in Santiago since May 1997. I was also here for a year between 1994 and 1995.

Hola, interesante la astronomía... espero que tengamos contacto y poder a su vez practicar mi ingles... Saludos

astrojoe wrote:

Hi, I'm Joe,

I have been in Santiago for nearly a year now leaving in a nice place in Nunoa. I am working as an astronomer at U. de Chile.

Chao,

Joe

Hi,

I'm thinking of relocating there this year, probably Oct./Nov.

I was wondering about TV, and what channels are accessible by Satellite.  Like can you get HBO?