Passport less than six months validity

Good evening . I would like to ask for your help and assistance. I'm about to go for a vacation to Philippines from Riyadh this Dec. 19, 2017 . My passport will expire January 2018 . I am about to do the online appointment but upon checking it today . Only December slots are available. I didnt know that the slots will be filled as early as that . Kindly please advice me what to do because my ticket are already booked. I will be waiting for your responce and Im hoping for your kind assistance. Thankyou so much.
Can i still apply for exit/re entry and will they allow me to leave ksa to manila with less than a month passport validity ?

Your vacation might be complicated as you've less validity.

From KSA you will have no problems in leaving but in returning back from Philippines you may face some problems at the Riyadh Airport, in case if you've renewed your passport in Philippines. Exit re-entry Visa might not be matching as you hold a new passport (Assume that your old passport is already expired).

My advise is better to renew your passport here in Riyadh and then plan your vacation. Note that you have to handover your new passport to your HR department so that they can transfer your visa to new passport. And then ask them to issue exit re-entry visa on your new passport.

But I think if everything goes smoothly, you may not face any difficulties in your vacation as you planned. But any delays in this process costs you postpone your vacation.

Hope you got it.

Thanks for the reply . I appreciate it . I will renew it here asap . Thankyou.

The process of Transferring Visa from Old to New Passport is callled " Nakal Maloomaat" in Arabic. If you Apply for Renewal in Emergency you can get your PP with in a week time but fees will be a bit high.

Dear Sir,

i am about to go for my vacation but my passport was less than six months and i went to philippine embassy to renew my passport but i filed my vacation on March 15,2018 but my passport will be expired on March 19 2018,on this coming March 7,2018 i about to renew my passport but on that time i do not get the new passport maybe i am waiting for 3 weeks for releasing but the philippine embassy advised me to get an stamp for extension because my ticket was on March 15,2018 my question is can i apply exit re entry visa to go on my vacation.

Thanks
Jerwin

Hello. I have the same concern as you. I am going for vacation with less than 6 months validity, we're you able to go for vacation in the Philippines without any delay or any problem? could you share to me your experience regarding this? Any reply would be appreciated. Thank you.

If you go and come back just before expiry date of passport... No issues. The passport is valid till it's last date for a reason. Less than 6 months are generally required by embassy when you apply for a visa for some country.

Even if you apply and GET a new passport here in your embassy in Saudi Arabia, but you didn't finish Updating it in MOI (Naqal Maloomaat), and your old passport is still valid, you can still travel using it if you are going to come back before it's expiry. Make sure there is no CANCELLED stamp anywhere in your passport. Practically possible but legally it's not advisable.

If you have both passports with you, and the new one is without Naqal Maloomat, no issues again. Keep both passports attached while using only NEW one. Either it will be done at airport by officials or you can perform Naqal Maloomat after coming back from vacations.

If you think you can go outside using one passport and come back using other, it's possible but you will face so much hurdles and risks that it's a must NO!

Another thing is, whenever you travel on a new passport, always attached the previous passport with it. It's not required but it's advised. So if there is any confusion anywhere, it can be validated from your previous passport.

In short, make sure to complete your both ways of travel (departure and arrival) on the same passport to avoid any hassles. If you can't do it, then you need to contact Saudi Embassy in your country to make it possible.

Hope this helps...

sir/mam,

Make sure that your passport was renewed already otherwise you will not get exit re-entry visa.

Thank you very much. Its a big help. So then I will pursue my booked vacation ticket to the Philippines, hope it will work.

My passport by june has only 2 months validity left. I will renew my passport in the Philippines and I will use it during my re-entry in KSA. Do you think it will work? 🙂

I went out for vacation under Multiple Exit/Re-entry Visa, and renewed my passport while on vacation. Then I came back to Saudi bringing both old and new passport - no problems at at the immigration.

i have same problem,im going to vacation for 2 weeks and comming back here in saudi but my passport validity is lessthan 6 months,did the immigration allow me to go and return.?

Hi id like to ask if what happened to this thread. Cause im having the same problem. I will hve my vacation on dec 2018 and my passport will expire on may 2019 will the immigration of saudi allow me to travel back to philippines? Please need your response thanks

Orcee wrote:

Hi id like to ask if what happened to this thread. Cause im having the same problem. I will hve my vacation on dec 2018 and my passport will expire on may 2019 will the immigration of saudi allow me to travel back to philippines? Please need your response thanks

You should have read the whole thread. You would have found the answer at least. nonetheless,your answer is yes you can travel to your home country with no problem.

6 months validity is only required when traveling to other countries. If you are traveling back to your home country which in this case is the Philippines you will not have any problem with Saudi immigration. But do renew it once you are back in Philippines.

Hello Mr.Khurram
     I have same question just to make clear my passport is going to expire on 19 may 2020 and i am going for vacation to india on 2 oct 2019 for 3 months will there be any issue while coming back.