Buying Property in Mauritius !!

Hello :)

My mother land is Mauritius  left my  island since 20 years and got only one Austrian Passport 
can I as an exmauritian buy property in Mauritius?

Hope so !!  :))
What is the process of purchasing a property in Mauritius?
How long its take to get back the Nationality if possible can I hold both Nationality ( austrian and Mauritius) if I live in Mru?

any advice ??

Thanks in advance for participating!

Dave

Hello,

As an Austrian citizen only, you will be met with restrictions when buying property, that is you will be able to buy only apartments and properties in special real estate programs.

To enjoy full rights and privileges like any other Mauritian citizen, I would recommend you get your Mauritian citizenship back.

I don't know exactly how long it takes. You will have to compete a form and submit it to the Secretary for Home Affairs in Mauritius.

If you scroll down the page on this link, you will have all the information.

http://dha.pmo.govmu.org/English/Mandat … NSHIP.aspx

thank for your Reply winston .. :)

1. more Question, if my sister buy property and want to give if on my name?
     are there any law against it?
2. If I live in Mauritius and take back my nationality and want to hold the Europen (AUSTRIAN)  one, so that in older time I can get back my pension from Europe !

any suggestions are welcome
:)

As I mentioned above, you can be the legal owner of an apartment or a property which is located in special realty schemes for foreigners. These schemes are called IRS, RES and PDS.

But for any other property or land outside of these schemes, not possible. You will need to get your citizenship back first.

Mauritius allows dual citizenship. However I don't know how things are on the Austrian side. You will have to inquire with the authorities there.

viennaboy wrote:

thank for your Reply winston .. :)

1. more Question, if my sister buy property and want to give if on my name?
     are there any law against it?
any suggestions are welcome
:)

Here is a link:
http://www.investmauritius.com/work-liv … -unit.aspx