Mothers of Cologne...

Hi
I moved to Cologne back in September 2010 with my German partner and our baby boy, started working again in January after maternity leave and had no chance to really discover the city and meet people because now I work like mad and spend the rest of my time taking care of my little boy. I think this way of life does not really fit with the German system where a lot of mums do not work or work part-time, so I feel very isolated. Is there any other mummy in  my situation who would like to meet for chat and coffee after work? Especially spring is there so would be great to meet and relax in the nice parks of Cologne! :-)
nmlouise

Hi nmlouise :)

I hope your topic will get responses from other parents in Cologne and that you can organise a meet up soon ;)

Regards
Armand

Hi nmlouise,
I know what you mean, it can be very isolating. I lived in Boston when my daughter was born. My kids are now 4 and 7. It is hard to meet people and balance home life and work. Have you checked out the American International Women's Club of Colonge?  awccologne.org/  it is really a great organization set up for expats from all over not just the states. I have also noticed a lot of the sports centers do a baby and me music or gym class (Eltern-Kind-Turnen) which you could look into. I was able to meet moms at a Kindermusic class and baby swimming classes, especially moms with kids the same age.
Good luck,
Agnes