Close

Relocating to Mérida, Yucatán

I am going to be moving to Mérida within a year or two. To start off with I am fully aware the salaries in Mexico don't come close to American wages. We have a house in Mexico so no rent will be paid.

I have over 15yrs in the foodservice industry. I have 13yrs as a manager for different types of restaurants. I speak English and Spanish fluently and will have my IDELT TEFL Certification to teach English. I have an Associates degree in Business but doubt highly that will do anything. My husband and I will both work. I will not go down there empty handed money wise either.

My questions are this: being married to a Mexican native I know I get some type of residency upon arrival with proof of my marriage. How complex is it to have a company/ language school fix your work permit? Is it pretty common practice?

What are other job opportunities I could explore?
My husband's parents aren't doing well and out of love for him I am willing to make the move. He is not documented here and who knows what will happen with immigration with our current president.

Expatriate health insurance in Yucatan

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Yucatan

Moving to Yucatan

Find tips from professionals about moving to Yucatan

Travel insurance in Yucatan

Enjoy stress-free travel to Yucatan