Excellent dentist in Quito

Dr Ruben Barona, and his won­derful assistant Dayl­i, were fantastic. Hi­s English is great (i­ncluding his jokes - ­although he also humo­red me in helping me ­practice Spanish), an­d everything from  pr­ice, quality of work,­ and overall hospital­ity were excellent. T­hanks to some teenage­ foolery, both of my ­front teeth are crown­s. The original crown­ work I had done was ­pushing 20 years old.­ While on the coast o­f Ecuador, one of the­m started to break of­f in the back. Becaus­e they were both so o­ld, and for the sake ­of color matching, Dr­ Ruben gave me the op­tion of replacing bot­h. At his prices (les­s than half of cost i­n US), I opted for bo­oth. He also replaced­ three  of my old/bro­ken fillings, and thr­ew in whitening treat­ment for me and my wi­fe. So overall I paid­ roughly 40% of what ­would have been the t­otal in US for two cr­owns, three fillings ­(which look totally l­ike nature teeth, com­pared to my fillings ­from the US), and cle­aning/whitening for t­wo people. And to top­ it off, the day my n­ew crowns came back f­rom the lab, he also ­treated me to a hairc­ut/beard trimmimg and­ a cocktail:) His ass­istant Dayli was also­ super diligent and p­leasant in communicat­ion over WhatsApp to ­arrange my various ap­pointments.

I highly recommend Dr­ Ruben's services.

What is his address and phone number.  email also if he has it.  thanks    Terry Moore

Hi everyone,

@ Gtbuhr, welcome to the forum and thank you for the feedback.

Could you please recommend this professional in the Dentists in Ecuador section of the business directory so that members could easily find his contact details ?

Thanks in advance,
Bhavna

Hi @Gtbuhr.

Thank you so much for the recommendation of Dr Ruben Barona!
I'm in Quito and had a lot of pain and infection in my gums so, based one this review and another I found I decided to try Dr. Ruben (I ideally needed a dentist that could speak English because I wasn't really sure what was wrong with me).

I turned up on a Saturday morning and Dr. Ruben saw me straight away as he said it was an emergency. He is very professional and provides a personal service. He examined my teeth, took x-rays and then laid out my options for me (complete with prices, very transparent). I needed my four wisdom teeth taken out and a periodontal operation done on the gum at the front of my mouth (which luckily he was trained to perform).

With my blessing he did the operation straight away, just giving us time to go to the pharmacy to get our prescription (which he brought us to) and get some lunch as a last meal (which he recommended for us).

Overall I am very happy with his service and would fully recommend Dr. Ruben to anyone in need.

Thanks!
This is great information to have and keep on hand!
Robin