I am new to Valencia

Hi.
I have recently moved to Valencia with my boyfriend from England for my University placement.
I am here for 1 year and wish to get as much out of my time here as possible.
While I have made a few friends through work, my Spanish is limited and it is hard to really get to know them,so I was hoping to talk with some English speaking people on here and maybe make some friends.
Hope to speak to some of you soon.
Steph

Welcome on Expat.com Steph ;)

So how are you both finding Valencia so far??

We love the city! And the beach is amazing.
Luckily I already had a job to go to, and my boyfriend managed to find some part time work after a month of looking, so that's good news!
We are just hoping to meet some new people soon :)

Hello Im moving there soon Im from Ireland, is it hard to find work for a male with limited Spanish ?  any tips or help would be great . thank you

Well my boyfriend doesn't speak much Spanish either, he has luckily managed to find some work, but it was after being here 6 weeks, it's only part time, 2 or 3 nights a week and it will probably end in June. So yes, it is really hard. There are a lot of scam job adverts on some websites, so be careful.
But yes, be prepared to have to search for a long time, and I highly recommend Spanish lessons before you come out! I regret not having any.

I also recommend Spanish lessons before coming out. English isn't widely spoken amongst the Spanish. I have only now had time to start lessons after two months of living here and struggling with communication. It'll be a struggle for some time yet!