Dentists

Can anybody recommend a competent Dentist in HCM, tried one in Da nang, unsterile and tried to rip us off...
Surely there must be better?

[I see you double posted in HCMC and Saigon forums. The HCMC forum gets a lot more posts, but Expat.com should merge these forums.]

My expat friend has had a lot of work at Westcoast International in D1 and recommended them to me.
Too lazy, instead I went to Maple Health clinic in D7 across from FV Hospital, as they have a business relationship for a Westcoast dentist to  visit on Fridays. It was just a checkup, and she noticed something on the xray and said we should monitor it. So, no upsell, very professional, overall a more sterile-looking place than any I went to in California.
Exam, xrays, cleaning = 1.115.000d

My wife on the other hand, ever careful with money, still gets her teeth cleaned in D8: 80.000d.  So you have a wide range of options.
(I'm going to force her to upgrade!)

Hi Gobot, we didn't expect to be struggling with dentists when we got here...
A week before we left Australia, I had a filling drop out and my wife's bridge came loose, we both work long hours so decided that we'd get our dental problems fixed here...
Maybe you get what you pay for but don't fancy any of the problems that can come from unhygienic practices...