Coruna ~ looking for Running, Cycling, Triathlon, Walking Clubs

Recently moved to Coruna and looking to join clubs for Running, Cycling, Triathlon and Walking in the area.

Some research on Google maps brought up a boxing gym / club, quite like the idea of using a boxing gym to maintain and develop a good level of fitness in the week.

I have done Marathons, Half Marathons on and off road, used to do a fair bit of trail and fell racing in the UK, very keen on my cycling as well and would be good to get a long group ride in over the weekend.

I need to buy a second hand bike, road or a cyclocross bike with either disc or caliper brakes, so if you know where to get a good bike second hand locally, that would be really useful.

I would be keen to join a triathlon club as well and also open to the idea of learning to surf !

If anyone has any useful local information that would be really helpful.

Hi SI,

I'm not from your area so cannot advise on local recommendations for clubs and shops.

Strava* can be useful - when you're out on the roads/trails, log your workouts on whatever device you have (you do need to have a gps tracker to be a proper data geek) and then after uploading, look at fly-by's to see who you've crossed paths with.

Also search Strava for local clubs. Many tend to publish information about group rides and events. Some even have dedicated WhatsApp groups for club comms.

Lastly, have a look on http://www.carreraspopulares.com/WR_01_index.asp. Listings for all sorts of athletic endeavours.

*If it's not on Strava, it didn't happen!

Vamooosss!

I cycle a lot with my friends around Alzira but not at your level, there are lots of wonderful cycling cafes in Spain which are are delight.  But if you in serious training half a bottle of wine and a huge Bocadillo with salad and nuts for breakfast may not be your thing. You will find that all the Spanish riders are mounted on fantastic full carbon bikes costing thousands. So if you are a competitive individual will need to invest.  I am into vintage bikes so cause much confusion when arriving on ancient Raleigh. 

Planet X have full carbon bikes with Ultega for around £1,000 new.  But you would need to ship to Spain.  But you won,t get a bike with that spec.  for that price in Spain.

Enjoy your time in Spain.

Tim

Thanks Tim