New Zealand visa

Hi everyone, I have been following this forum from quite a while now and would like to share my query regarding NZ student visa application.
I'm from India and have done MA in English from an Indian University in 2014 and then another Masters in English language and linguistics from London in 2016. Now I'm  going to apply for Master of Philosophy in Auckland University of Technology, Auckland which i believe will be a pathway towards my Doctoral study.
The only issue with the application is my Australian study visa rejection in January, 2017. I have been applying for PhD since last year after completing my post-graduation from UK in a number of universities in England and New Zealand but always missed the chances by a couple of percentage. As such, me and my husband decided to apply for another Masters in TESOL studies in Australia. Unfortunately, our application was declined as i wasn't able to develop myself as a bona fide student and that I don't have any intention to come back to India after my studies. After taking this shock, i continued trying at some other universities in NZ for a Master of Philosophy degree and was lucky enough to get a chance at AUT in March, 2017.
It took me 4 months time to submit the official proposal and thus securing a place at the university. Now I'm preparing to submit my student Visa application.
I was wondering if i should disclose about my Australian Visa refusal in NZ student visa application or not and If yes, you think i have a better chance this time.  Also, if i should apply for myself or with my husband?
We really don't want to hassle this time as we did during our Australian Visa application beacuse of the time and effort i spent in securing this place.

Really glad if anyone could suggest the possible ways.

Thank you
Gurpreet

I would suggest you not to hide anything from the immigration officer since your data is pre-available with them. Hiding something would certainly leave a negative impact on your case.

You can however put a justification on your case and based on your future plans, you may proceed. Secondly, it's consider preferable to get your visa approved first and once you're here, you may apply for your spouse's visa.

Hi Schaz,
Thank you so much for your reply!

Yes, we also think it would be better to apply for my visa first and then my husband's visa.
Is there anything more i can do to prove stronger ties with my country? I wonder this time too the immigration officer will be looking into this matter only.
I have got an education loan approved on my  father's name and rest are my husband's personal funds. I can not show any employment contract since i left my job few months ago.
Also, i have written in my statement of purpose that this course is a pathway towards PhD degree. I hope this doesn't go against in my case since the only purpose of pursuing MPhil degree is to conduct research at Doctoral level.
Thanks in advance!

Warm Regards,
Gurpreet

Grprtkaur119 wrote:

Hi Schaz,
Thank you so much for your reply!

Yes, we also think it would be better to apply for my visa first and then my husband's visa.
Is there anything more i can do to prove stronger ties with my country? I wonder this time too the immigration officer will be looking into this matter only.
I have got an education loan approved on my  father's name and rest are my husband's personal funds. I can not show any employment contract since i left my job few months ago.
Also, i have written in my statement of purpose that this course is a pathway towards PhD degree. I hope this doesn't go against in my case since the only purpose of pursuing MPhil degree is to conduct research at Doctoral level.
Thanks in advance!

Warm Regards,
Gurpreet

You'll need to prepare a strong letter of interest to the case officer and you may need to highlight your future plans that may be of the interest / favor to your country's development and growth. You need to highlight your technical skills that may be beneficial for NZ as well.
Generally, based on the current scenarios, International students are encouraged based on the future growth and skills that can be offered to both the country of residence and the country where they're being educated. The financial funds and statements, on the second hand, play a vital role as well.

Trust this would suffice.

Ok, i get it now. I think this is why my student application for Australia was declined as I wasn't able to explain the visa officer what skills i can offer to India and Australia after completing it. 
I hope i could make my statement of purpose rather stronger this time.
Thank you so much for the information.
Warm Regards, Gurpreet

Thank you so much for the information.

You're most welcome and best of luck in your endeavors.

Did you get your visa ?
I am in pretty similar situation here