Help me to decide where to settle

Hello,

I am a fresh graduate from Eastern Europe who is coming to NZ within two months.
I have the opportunity to stay in NZ for one year, to work there, to travel, to study, well to reside there in a way I want.

Now, NZ is quite big and consists of two islands and is a place of incredibly beautiful nature! That's what I like the most about it.

So, I need to decide where I would like to stay and I prefer nature, fresh air and this kind of stuff over a big city.
I have worked in Sun Valley, USA and I liked it so much, because it has all those things mentioned before. It's a big skiing resort and it employs a lot of people.

I am wondering, is there anything similar in NZ? Some kind of resorts that I could try to get a job? I would really like to work in a resort or some kind of surfboarding area and to experience that beautiful nature in NZ.

So, which place in NZ should I choose?
What are the biggest resorts there?

Any advice highly appreciated!
Thank you!

There are no places that have concentrations of resorts. They are spread all through the country. Plenty of coastal towns for surfing.
I would suggest a Google search for what you are seeking. You could also contact resorts for potential employment as summer is on the way and they may be hiring extra staff.

Just remember that if you are coming on a student visa you can only work part time 20 hours a week.

Hello, thank you for your reply.

It is not a student visa, it is a working holiday visa, which allows to do full time job.

I will google for resorts then.
If anybody knows any big resort that usually hires for the season, please feel free to post it here!
thanks!

And where should I go if I want to work anything that's related to surfing? Where is the biggest concentration of surfing and other outdoor activities?
Beautiful landscape is a big advantage too!

kaoo wrote:

And where should I go if I want to work anything that's related to surfing? Where is the biggest concentration of surfing and other outdoor activities?

All over NZ. Google is your friend.

kaoo wrote:

NZ is a heaven of seas. You may not be asking this question if you would have googled yourself on the sea information. Its all oceana my friend.

You go anywhere in NZ, you find your stuff. Trust that would help.

I have surfed both coasts from Cape Reinga to Invercargill and many many spots in between.

Off topic question, but maybe someone has been in the same situation:

I am planning to buy a Osprey Farpoint 55 backpack. Are there anybody by any chance who has this - have you had any issues flying with this backpack as a carry on?

@kaoo

Yes it is off topic and any replies on this thread will cause it to run completely off topic.
Please open a new thread.