Cambodians in Ireland

Hi all,

I I've just moved to Dublin with my Khmer partner, having been in Phnom Penh, Cambodia for 8 years. Because there are so few Cambodians in this country i'm reaching out to everyone with a connection to the country who might be interested to reach out to Cambodian expats and Khmer speakers.

Best regards,

Niall.

Perhaps contact the Cambodian Embassy in Dublin with regard to communities or clubs in Ireland.

Hi everyone,

@ Niall, perhaps you could also send a private message to members listed here : https://www.expat.com/en/network/europe/ireland/dublin/

all the best,
Bhavna

Hi Stumpy, no Cambodian Embassy in Ireland :) Think there are literally not enough people here for any sort of official communities or clubs

Thanks, I have reached out to some people directly but I thought I would post here too (also because I got a warning my private message function was going to be locked because I was sending a similar message to people)

Hello Niall, how are you? Dont know if you're still in Dublin. You're right about few Khmers here! My name's Ewan. My wife is Seyha from Phnom Penh. Lived there for a while. Great city. We've been here 2 years. Dublin's great too. If you're still here it would be nice for my wife to meet you both and speak her language. My khmer's rubbish! 😊 My email's [email protected]

Hi Ewan,

There is a small community we're now in touch with, though I think we're the only ones in Dublin central and we know of less than 10 Khmers in the whole of Ireland !

I'll give you a shout by email and lets catch up!

Cheers,

Niall.

Hi!
I'm interested in learning some basic khmer. I  want to travel to Cambodja with something more that just speaking english. People there have no obrigations to know english and I want to know how can I be more them a annoying tourist. I want to know more about the place, the people from there, the culture and at least some basic language I like to give a shot on learning.
Do you guys know How can I do to learning?
Is someone available for teaching, over a coffee maybe?
I'm always available for nice talks and friendship.
Let me know if you have some tips, please.
Thanks a million.
Kind regards.

We'd be happy to talk to you, send me a PM and we'll discuss  :)