Do and don't in Zambia

Are you living in Zambia? We need you to share your experience of the local customs :)

Is it difficult to adjust to the local customs in Zambia?

Could you please share with us a list of the do's and don't's in Zambia?

Thanks!

Hello there, I am thinking to live in Zambia. Did you find anything about yet? I am trying to research just like you. :o) When r u going to go to Zambia ? r u going for a holiday or live for a while ? Goode luck !

it is very easy to adjust to life in zambia , all u have to do is respect the locals

what about the safety there? is a safe or not really

zambia is a pretty melo and easy going place to live. its not too rigid and you can easily find your around with the help of friendly locals. in terms of safety that probably the highlight of the country though do not be too laxed as there are a couple of petty thiefs esp in the cbd. so as long as you can speak english finding your around shouldnt be too difficult.  not to say that i'm marketing the place but the pros def outweight the cons! a must see for sure : )

I agree with MissLsk in most cases you will find Zambian to be very accommodating and always willing to assist vistors. With a little common sense you will just fine.

I agree to MisLsK I have spent almost 10years of my life(1978-1986)
I enjoyed they were the best years of my life People were vary respectful &helpful

Don't leave laptops and mobile phones in your car especially when parked in town centre.

Don't drive around at night with strangers in your car.

To be fair its the same crime prevention advice you hear everyday wherever you are.

Hi ponya,
Welcome to Expat.com!

Thanks for the information, hope to read you soon.

Regards,
Harmonie.

Hi all
I have a possible Job opportunity in Kitwe. As a South African I am used to The prevalance of crime etc.
Need somer general info:-
1. As a single white female is it safe to venture out at night
2. Any SA groups I can join socially
3. Shopping Malls-  are they modern & are the goods available on a par with SA shopping malls
4. Food - good or limited selection
5. Access to Cable/Pay or Multichoice
6. Quality & cost of accommodation in upmarket area
Feedback would be much appreciated :)