What i have to do for buy land in philippines

Good day i would like to know what i have to do when i am going buy land in philippines? for non drop in a SCAM.  Because i know in philippines some land have many owner, is it right to pay 50% and then other 50% after change title how some owner ask, o there is  best way to follow up. thanks

You are a foreigner and somebody is trying to "sell" you land???

Are you a Filipino citizen?    If so, you can buy land in the Philippines and there are many good articles (which you may google) discussing the perils and procedures to purchasing land in the Philippines.
If you are a foreigner, you may not directly own land in the Philippines.  However, there are a couple of ways to own land through ownership in a corporation.  Very simply, the corporation owns the land and you own a portion of the company.  You may need the services of a good corporate lawyer here in the Philippines to ensure your share in the corporation is protected.

sorry what do you mean? i non understand

sorry maybe i didn't explain in a right way. my question was how it is possible to know if who sell you land is real owner of land? i didn't ask if foreigner can buy land o not, then i already marry and i have also a son, so what is better for buy land?

I see now what your plans are.   You intend to put the land title in your Filipina wife's name.  That is a wonderful gift for her indeed!   If you are using the services of a good licenced realtor, you will have all this title information in your hands.  The registered owner of the property will be on file at the land registry office in your community. Be aware that many parcels of land here in the Philippines have multiple names on the title and maybe not all the registered owners are aware of the pending sale!  It will also be wise to have a legal survey of the land in question.  In some more rural communities, property markings have been known to somehow be 'adjusted' for example.
Furthermore, it is wise to check the authentication of any documents such as 'deeds to property' shown to you by purported owners .  There are many questionable land documents  circulating here in the Philippines.  So again, use the services of a licenced realtor who works with a reputable Real estate company.

I know somebody who tried to buy property with 57 people claiming ownership......That's fifty-seven (57) people.

thanks bob

The laws,regarding owning land in the Phil,is quite clear.No land can be owned by a foreigner.Only by citizens of the Philippines.The only exception is,the "law of succession' if your filipina wife has died you will have some rights to the property,. If you try circumventing these laws,like setting up a corporation They will come down on you,with everything they got in their power .You can loose your property,and be blacklisted. There are   very effective'anti-dummy laws  on the books here to deal  with these situations.
They very strict applying these measures,as they dont want to sell their land to Koreans,and rich Chinese.

You can NOT own land

You can NOT own land as a foreigner in the Philippines, plain and simple. Anybody advising you otherwise is a complete moron or a scammer.

That isn't a completely correct answer. You can as a business entity or you can setup a long term lease. I would consult with a lawyer there for details.

A foreigner in the Phil can only have 49%   share in any business.Who can you trust with the other 51%?
Leasing is a possibility,but you are still not the owner of the land.

We seem to be unable to put the response to this topic to rest.   Here it is once again. 
While a foreigner may lease land here in the Philippines, or own the land partially through a corporate structure, he/she CANNOT directly own title to any  piece of land here in the Philippines  .....

The question of land ownership by foreigners in the Phil.is a very important matter,to those who at present,residing here.I suggest,the reason the subject will not go away is,due to the fact,that some members here,posting wrong,or false informations.

Like anywhere in the world when buying any property the things you must do
1, Get a good reputable lawyer (you only pay for what you get)
2, If part payment first, make sure you write-out your agreement and make it legal and set a time and clear instructions to both parties,
a) obligations to the buyer when the seller has met a requirement as set out in the agreement 
b) obligations to the seller to receive further % or completion as set out in the agreement

Buyer---- Only part with monies as set out in the agreement and make every transaction legal. Seller---- usually asks for monies because of problems within the family, BUYER do not part with any monies unless agreements have been met

This is the way I conduct buying property in the Philippines and as of yet not had one single problem

Also, remember if a property is too good to be true then its usually has problems

Foreigners can't buy land in the Philippines unless they have a Philippines citizen as co owner. Even then you still don't own the land. Ownership is spilt 60-40. The Philippines citizen owns 60% and you own 40%. So if you want to buy land find someone you trust and sell the property or your share of the property.

Again, you can NOT own land as a foreigner in the Philippines, plain and simple. Anybody advising you otherwise is a complete moron or a scammer.

A foreigner can not buy/own land in the Philippines. If you are married to a Filipina, she can purchase the land.  Have a mortgage, payable to you, against any land or housing you purchase in the Philippines with a Philippine citizen on title.

https://www.property24.com.ph/

The 60/40 rule is for corporations, not land.

Since you are married and have a Filipino son, you can purchase the land in the name of your son, with you only, as custodian/guardian for your son.   This will allow you to have control of the property until his 18th birthday.  You may also carry a mortgage against all purchases.  As a mortgage holder, you can foreclose based on whatever terms you specify in the Mortgage Loan Agreement.

someone can tell me what is difference between clean title and tax declaration?
some times a land have many owner, how i can know real owner of land?
some times owner ask a down payment of 50% is it right to do, o it is better pay less?
thanks every body for nice information.

I do a verbal contract that give 50% to the seller when the Absolute Deed Of Sale is signed by all parties. The Absolute Deed of Sales stipulates that the remaining 50% will be released when the title is released to the buyer. (Title release may take 6 mos. to 2 years).  DO NOT GIVE ANY MONEY BEFORE THE ABSOLUTE DEED OF SALE IS SIGNED BY ALL PARTIES.  Many properties in the Philippines have multiple heirs.

Capital gains tax have to be paid on the sale.  (Sellers usually want the buyer to pay.  If the seller will pay the property gains tax, withhold it from his proceeds.  (Many times the seller do not pay)

Property tax has to be current if you want to change ownership.  Check with the assessor's office before purchasing. Filipinos many times will sell properties that have delinquent property tax.

I always get a survey before buying.  Many rural properties have to be split.  Filipinos many times do not change ownership when relatives die.

Negotiate and purchase a land right of way with your purchase, (If the property is not along a road or highway. 
==================================================================================

Tax Declaration Property in the Philippines. This is the Philippines and this is the reality. ... Buying Tax Dec Property means you are buying the “RIGHTS” to live on a certain property, and in a big majority of cases, no-one will ever question or bother your ownership rights over this property again

What is land declaration?
Buying land from a seller who has a mere tax declaration to vouch for his title is a no-no. Always remember anyone can pay real property tax. The Government does not care whether the taxpayer is the owner or not. It's pretty easy to obtain a copy of a tax

What is Transfer Certificate of Title Philippines?
The owner and buyer agree on the sale of property and which of them pays the taxes included in the process. A lawyer creates a duly notarized Deed of Absolute Sale (DOAS), which is a document proving the legal transfer of the property's ownership.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQtVzp0fia0https://www.google.com/search?q=tax+dec … 7Ed1Sinczg

thanks Saxhar so much it is now for me clear

You are allowed to own everything on the land, (buildings, etc.,).
When you apply for your building permits, have the assessor prepare a tax declaration for the buildings and other structures in your name only..

You can own a Condo with no land.  Become familiar with conjugal property laws.

Please read,  Family Codes of the Philippines.  PDF, 59 pages.

thanks i will Sxharr

Lease land forget the ownership, don't buy anything you can't afford to loose

Okieboy wrote:

don't buy anything you can't afford to loose

Agreed.

I think the whole not owning land is assbackards. A ww2 veteran can't own land in the Philippines, but a ww2 Filipino rebel can own land in the US? Sounds like bullshit to me.

all due respect, I understand why they do it this way. Why would they want anyone not - Filipino own land just so they can build on it and sell/rent/profit and the money goes out to another country ? not to get too much into politics, but it never ends well, one of the reasons why some countries real estate prices are high as they are, ........... coming in, buying everything and then everything else from retail, rental, real estate in that area sky rockets, all in the name of "profit". In the end, the ones that suffers are the locals, the real citizens. Not the permanent resident status or whatever you want to call them.

As the saying supply and demand, when you have asshats bring suitcases of stolen money from their own government and local taxpayers, only to buy property and rent it out to launder, Im glad this government is doing a lot more then some other "not named" government.

I'm glad they dont let anyone non - Filipino own land here, if you really want to own land here, get permanent resident status, learn the language read and write, stay 10 years or is it 7 ? sacrifice your current citizenship, apply for Philippine citizenship. Go buy your land and be a proud pinoy.

:D  good vibes man, good vibes....

Ya no. I'm not sacrificing my pension, VA benefits and social security just for some land in the Philippines lol.

i don't have a lot of money and can't afford investing in properties, i just came here to relax and be able to live decent on my SS when it starts.
if i had it to do over again, i would rent somewhere for a year and move to a new place and rent for a year etc..
that way i could get to experience all the different islands and areas and be free to go whenever i wanted.
I'm not sure my wife would agree and i wouldn't be leaving a good strong house for my kids to inherit. it may be hard on the kids to change schools every year or two also. but it would be an adventure and my kids will probably go to the US to live and work anyway. being locked into "land" has lost its appeal to me.

True brother.  Land is not worth the problem.  I want cash.

One thing to remember if you and your wife buy anything together, if she dies her half is covered by Filipino law as far as heirs are concerned, you are going to have a partner, the spouse is down on the list as far as her heirs go, her legal children and her legal parents are first, her illigal children or illigal parents are next, you will end up with one of them as your partner

cash is king...nobody can dispute whats in your bank in your home country, or scam it or effect its value .
cash = freedom

Cash is king anywhere! I  always keep 20k peso in my house

I'm not going to quote off other members but we are going off topic, no matter how much cash is under the mattress or in the safe. Buying property for the OP is not an option. that was answered almost 3 years ago then unceremoniously resurrected.
Sadly there are so many threads here, other expat sites as well as google, our best friend that offer the answers and are current for those prepared to look, research.

OMO.

Cheers, Steve.

Well if the philippines is serious about bringing FDI into its country then laws have to be much more pro-foreign investor....no point keep letting foreigners get stuck in all forms of red tape/fraud/corruption some which goes on unchecked..result you have many foreign investors seeking other pro FDI countries.

https://correctphilippines.org/filipino_first_fail/

Only the Philippines remains the lone country in which Foreign Direct Investment is seen as being harmful and “infringing upon our sovereignty.” Wow. What idiocy!
Unquote

NP, start a new thread suited to your new topic and I will participate until it gets silly. Most of, not all of the responses are way off the OP's topic.

Off topic myself, I wish Australia had similar policies to the Philippines when it comes to foreign investment, many other countries do.

Cheers, Steve.

bigpearl wrote:

NP, start a new thread suited to your new topic and I will participate until it gets silly. Most of, not all of the responses are way off the OP's topic.

Off topic myself, I wish Australia had similar policies to the Philippines when it comes to foreign investment, many other countries do.

Cheers, Steve.

Yup I guess its a tough call (again the rich/poor country divide)...maybe a fine balanced policy is required...like you say maybe time for a new topic.
All i'm saying is that if you want any further improvements here (in a poor SEA country) drastic measures need to be taken & taken fast.
Omo