Sue employer for not providing NOC

Hi all,

I am working in Muscat for the past two years and have completed the contract period with my employer. Now i want to start a business of my own. My employer is not willing to provide NOC. Can i sue him in the court of law since i have completed my contract ????

Please help and advice on this issue.

I think you need to discuss this issue with a good lawyer in the town . Rather you should discuss with 2 or 3 lawyers  then you will come to the conclusion . There is a court complex in Muscat in the ministries  district near to embassies. You may visit there , and you will see many lawyers there  of different nationalities . You may have a chat with them  when they are free . And if you find a good one promising one  you may fix n appointment for further consultation at his chamber l

manwithhumanity wrote:

Hi all,

I am working in Muscat for the past two years and have completed the contract period with my employer. Now i want to start a business of my own. My employer is not willing to provide NOC. Can i sue him in the court of law since i have completed my contract ????

Please help and advice on this issue.

Hi manwithhumanity,

For someone who claims to have completed 2 years of working in Oman, your essential expatriate knowledge on the rules of the land seems pretty poor.

Maybe you should first know and understand the basics of the NOC rule. Perhaps reading about it in the forum would be a good starting point, since you will be able to gather a wealth of information about the NOC.

Well, about your wanting to go to court on this issue, just forget about it. You have no case.