Is there a travel restriction on a permanent residency visa?

Hey everyone,

I was granted my  Brazilian permanent residency in June, but I want to travel back to Australia to visit in December.
Does anyone know if that's ok or if there's a timeframe in which I need to stay in Brazil?

Thanks in advance,

Zoe.

Not that I know of. Travel anytime now but don´t stay more than 2 yrs overseas or you have to reapply for another Brazilian permanent residency...

robal

Thanks Robal,
I saw that on my visa also. I'm only going for a few weeks so hopefully there's no problem! And I've already bought the return ticket...

according to the travel rules, you cannot exceed 380 days outside of Brazil.

No problem at all , two years is the limit, but you just have to pop back in

The Brazilian immigration is a mess anyway, they very lax, anybody can come in here, if you have the CIE RNE card you really don't need to worry

For example I just got back the other day and didn't fill out the exit card thing ( every official I speak to gives a different requirement)

But I just spoke Portuguese, Nao sabia que eu preciso pegar no check in - I didn't

I've noticed if you speak Portuguese quite well it really greases your way with the federal police

There was a time when I was checking back in to Brazil, a woman Brazilian Federal Police
wanted to fine me for not having the exit form with me which I accidentally lost. But they
did not also stamp my passport upon exiting , so they did not know how long I stayed
out of the country. I was in the US for 1 1/2 years.

A Federal Police (a man) intervened and ordered to let me go. In my experience, usually women Federal Police are more rigorous on following the rules.

Another time while I was renewing my RNE card, they noticed that I was living in a different address and failed to notify them of the change ahead of time. Another woman Federal Police wanted to fine me but another male Federal Police intervened to not do so. I speak very fluent Portuguese so I don´t know if that helped me.

I really would advise anyone going out of Brazil and also intending to come back to pay attention that the Federal Police at the airport stamp the date of departure on the exit card and on their passport. And make sure to secure the exit form from loss. Staple it
to your passport if you can!

robal

Robal when did these incidents happen, I think they have relaxed a bit recently

Two years for the former and 4 years for the latter.

They got easy on you because they probably saw your exit stamp on your passport. They
were so negligent that I didn´t have that stamp on mine.

robal