Moving to malta job search for bricklayers

Hi,

Me and my partner are looking to move to malta from the uk within the next year. We have a 2 year old daughter aswell.

I was just wondering if anyone can give me more information about jobs in malta.

My partner is currently a bricklaying in the uk, is there any jobs in this position in Malta.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

Jadec1234 wrote:

Hi,

Me and my partner are looking to move to malta from the uk within the next year. We have a 2 year old daughter aswell.

I was just wondering if anyone can give me more information about jobs in malta.

My partner is currently a bricklaying in the uk, is there any jobs in this position in Malta.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

I don't know if you have seen the buildings over here but they are nor built the same as in UK so how  your partner would get on I am not sure, there's always a lot of building going on but you will find wages are a lot lower.  Hopefully someone else can give you more info but good luck.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, i have been to malta mant times as my grandad was born there but several years ago moved to the uk.

I understand the low wage but to me its a much better upbringing for my 2 year old daughter as to where i live now.

Have you any information about citizenship, would i been entitled to it has my grandad was born in malta?

Thank you

As regards citizenship this has been covered on here before so hopefully you may find your answers there, just put citizenship in the search button.

Jadec1234 wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, i have been to malta mant times as my grandad was born there but several years ago moved to the uk.

I understand the low wage but to me its a much better upbringing for my 2 year old daughter as to where i live now.

Have you any information about citizenship, would i been entitled to it has my grandad was born in malta?

Thank you

You may find this topic helpful,
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 84#3868751

Particularly post no 16

Ray

Hi,

Thanks for your reply,

Have you any information on jobs in scaffolding as my partner has experience in that.

Ive tried to research about it but had no joy.

Thanks
Jade

As regards scaffolding, over here in Gozo you rarely see proper scaffolding as Health and Safety hardly exists!!  There's more chance of getting a Job with a large company doing a big contract then the local builder.
Have you looked at the jobs section on here?  To be honest it would probably be better to come over and enquire here and visit some of the large building projects going on, I know here on Gozo where they are extending the hospital and doing a building for the new teaching
centre they wanted more workmen.
Good luck