New in Shanghai !

Hey everyone!

I'm new in the city (I arrive two weeks ago) and I really don't know anyone or where to go. I will be here working for at least one year and it's kind of difficult for me to being here since nobody around me speak spanish or english... so I want new friends who want to go out and maybe discover de city or eat in some restaurants, don't know... friend things !!!

welcome to shanghai!!

Thank you !

Hey
i am from thailand not new in SHA,working and study ,have some spanish friends and other country who speak spanish.
let me know if u wanna meet them some time
pai pai
coppercop235 at hotmail dot com

welcome, are u working here or studing?

Hi, I'm working in a solar Company!! what about you?

i am working in a hospital as an adminstrator. nice to know u.

Hi!
I am also new in Shanghai.. doing an internship over here for one semester.. I haven't seen that much from Shanghai yet, only the nightlife. But I would like to do some touristic things over here. Let me know if you wanna hang out some time.

[email protected]

Bye!

Oh thank you W3nndy towbike I already sent you an email.

hey,stephaniaa,I'm JL,now working in Huangpu district,if you're intrested please contact me,I hope we can be good friends. Nice to meet u.

:D

Hi Stephanie,

I'm interning in Shanghai, living in the French Concession area.  Moved here recently and have a great group coed of North Americans on weekends, we'd be more than happy to have you join us out sometime. This is not intended to be a creepy reply as I'm sure some of these are.

Best,

Jacob

Welcome! Bienvenida!

Gracias Carlos!

Hello, it will be a pleasure to meet you in Shanghai, i can help you for everything, i mean i'll try hehe..

So which district are you situated?

De nada! Siempre es una placer encontrar gente que habla español, a veces se echa un poco de menos! Pero bueno como ves los chinos son muy sociables y te haran sentir muy bien :)

Hello Carlos,

Can you please post in English in this Anglophone forum so that other members can understand and eventually participate. If you want to post in Spanish, you can use the Hispanophone version of the site.

Thanks for your kind comprehension.

Regards

Sorry!! I didn't meant to be unpolite to other users, I just thought that she may liked that I speak our mother tongue, but you are right it's like if someone wiret in chinese I wouldn't be able to understand!

I was talking about when I spend so long abroad talking english it's kind of nice when I find somebody that also speak my language. But the chinese people are quite sociable and they make you feel quite well...

Hey guys,
we are thinking to put up a get-together this Saturday, 8pm.
Will be great if you guys could join. Check it out: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=72211

Hi

There are so many expats in church on Sunday, be it Americans, Europeans, Africans, Other Asian countries etc. You may like to make friends there.

Sunshine.

sunshine88 wrote:

Hi

There are so many expats in church on Sunday, be it Americans, Europeans, Africans, Other Asian countries etc. You may like to make friends there.

Sunshine.

which church can u recommend? thanks.

nihau

hello!!! my name is lindsey ^^ I am going to be in Shanghai from june tell end of July doing an internship and am looking for people to make friends with while im there !

Hi all,

I will go to vincent's meeting tonight n also I am planning to have some trips around shanghai next week would be Hangzhou would b an hour's train?? anyone want to join in we talk tonight.. :)

sunshine88 wrote:

Hi

Sunshine.

Yeah appreciate if you could specify which church? :)

Hi,

Sorry I did not reply sooner.

There is an international church at Hengshan Road called Shanghai Community Fellowship. This is located walking distance from Heng Shan Station.

The English services are at 2pm and 4pm. Hope to see you there.

Cheers
in the SUNshine

Hola Stefania!

Soy belga pero hablo un poquito espanol.

Estoy en Shanghai por un mes (Julio) y tengo que decir que me aburro un poquito aqui porque no conozco a nadie. Llega el pasado domingo y vivo con une familia china (para aprender chino) perso su casa esta muy leja del centro y aqui no hay extranjeros!

No se si todavia estas in Shanghai pero me gustaria mucho conocerte y ir de copa o come quieras...o que me presentes a tus amigos extranjeros!

Louise

Hi Louise and welcome on board!

In English please.

Thanks and regards
Armand

Hi All,

Im rwchua from Malaysia. Was late to see the message of gathering yesterday. Was having a dinner party at my house instead yesterday. Would like to join u guys for gethering next time. See Yah..

enjoy the days,