Best Schools in Cyprus

I wonder if anyone can tell me the best schools in Cyprus.
Especially for a 12 year old.
And are they free?

Thanks any recommendation very appreciated  :)

Yes, schools are free in Cyprus. Public schools. You have to pay just registration fee that it's like 8 euros. And all the public schools are the same. Now it depends on the city and also on the address. It depends on your address because they will send the child to the nearest school. But the system is the same everywhere. :)

Thanks so much for the information and great I can come back to you for more questions...   :)

Hi Kerry

Will you child be going to Greek school or an English school? If Greek school- the government schools are free the English schools are private and fees depend on the particular school- where will you be living in Cyprus?

Hi Edward, if we survive now that horrendous hurricane in Ireland right now  :(  I am thinking about Larnaca as the rents seem the cheapest there too and workwise its ok. I heard also that its the cheapest city?!
Thats what I wondered, are the public schools good enough, do they provide good enough education? Or is it advisable to visit an English school... as of course starting up in Cyprus my finances will be also at a starting point....